Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I want to upgrade my car stereo unit to one of those touchscreen ones that have the USB inputs as well as iPhone connectivity and pandora or whatnot.

Does anyone have any experience with these and impalas? Is it best to just take it to a shop and have it done?

Also looking for any recommendations!

Any input would be awesome, thank you!

For example, does anyone see any problems with this being in the impala?:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+50W+x+4+MOSFET+Apple®+iPod®-/Satellite+Radio-Ready+DVD+Deck/4040138.p?id=1218450204021&skuId=4040138

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
This looks different from a stock Impala center dash, sort of photoshopped?!

·
Registered
124 Posts
FYI- the first picture is the dash of another GM vehicle, it is most likely a tahoe/suburban or a avalanche or silverado. It is not an impala as evidenced by the climate controls, center console with an on-the-column shift and general design differences

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

For example, does anyone see any problems with this being in the impala?:
Pioneer 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple iPod-/Satellite Radio-Ready DVD Deck AVH-P1400DVD - Best Buy
Pioneer makes excellent touch screen car stereo products so it is a brand that placed several different models on the top list . I have never heard negative feelings about Pioneer . Personally I have PIONEER AVH-X2800BS . The hands free calling and audio streaming both work excellent on this model touch screen car stereo. It is also very simple to hook up a backup camera to this unit if you purchase one separately. The voice recognition controls work really well when used with the Bluetooth. It is moderately priced for all the features it has too.

·
Registered
692 Posts
There are going to be tons of opinions on this. What it comes down to is what you want out the stereo and what you are willing to pay for it. Keep in mind that with most aftermarket stereos, you will need a somewhat expensive harness to wire it up and retain factory options like OnStar, chimes, Bose, etc. The features you listed are readily available in alot of aftermarket stereos so you have some good choices to pick from. There are quite a few of us running the Rosen stereos in our Impalas. These are upgraded stereos that were available as Dealer upgrades that a customer could get on a model in stock at the dealership. These Rosen stereos are very plug and play and come with everything you need to install if you are buying the stereo brand new. If you were to buy one used you would have to make sure the seller is including everything for you. The Rosens offer Parrot Bluetooth, DVd, iPod, back up cam hookup, rear entertainment hookup, usb hookup, navigation, Bluetooth streaming, SAT radio ready, to name a few options. The Rosen 1210 offers Pandora from IPhone only. There are some detailed threads on this site about the Rosen stereos if you want alot more info. If you are strictly interested in a Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine or whatever have you, I would jump on Crutchfield and do some reading. I would definitely stay with a double din stereo and don't forget about the harness cost in addition to the stereo.

Edit... Forgot to mention the most important feature of the Rosen stereos... They look 100% factory so less attention will be drawn to it but the features they offer are just incredible for what you get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts