Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Recently my grandmother passed away and the discussion came up as to what to do with her car...a 2005 Impala with only about 70k on it, barely driven by a little old lady in the past couple of years.

My father offered it to me but I've got one small problem with the idea. While the car is both newer and lower miles than my 2003 Tiburon cop-magnet at 180k, as a tall (6'1) and large (350lbs) person, I found the leg room lacking.

The car has bench seats and when I put both bench seats all the way back, the drivers seat is a good 2 inches more forward than the passengers seat. Is this normal or a possible problem with the seat mechanisms? Could this be an easy fix, or would it be possible to convert the car to bucket seats to gain some much-needed leg room? Would I just be looking at seats + a center console from the junkyard or would there be more to it than that?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
They should go back the same amount, must be something blocking it. That, and I'm 6'2", and can easily move the seat far back enough that I can barely even reach the pedals, I don't think weight is a factor in that. There are a few big guys here in 7th gen impalas, this is the first legroom complaint I've heard.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
I'm 6'3 an fit more than comfortably in my bench seat... both front seats should go back the same amount

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
I'm 6'2 or so and fit in my 8th gen just fine. I'd check to see if something is blocking the rails the seat moves on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts