Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides a reinforced intake manifold, and possibly fuel injectors, what else would I need to make sure my motor wouldn't blow and also make sure I get the most power.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Make sure your timing is retarded for nos and run a high octane fuel to prevent ping.What mods were done to engine if any and how much nos do you plan to spray?

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
reinforced intake only survives a BAD mistake. What you should really aim for is to avoid the mistake.

Make sure the fuel system is up to the task, depending on the hit a stock pump might be fine IF it is in good condition, if it is original and 8 years old then it might not be up to the task.

Wet kits do not need injector upgrades and if you upgrade injectors for a dry kit you have to retune for them.

Personally I think an aftermarket ignition box like the Mallory is important for nitrous use. Gives a spark based rev limiter most stock ones are fuel based and would be instant death for the engine on nitrous. They have a window switch so you can shut off the nitrous during the shift saving the tranny, and you can have it pull timing instead of losing NA power due to a low timing nitrous tune.

Going to want to put in colder NON PLATIMUN plugs too. Cheap plugs are fine for nitrous, actually prefered over platinum or iridium.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts