Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 ltz. The shop is saying that the system in my car shorted out the bcm??? Any body have a clue if that's right. I talked to my guys that put it in and he said it just communicates with the radio I haven't had a problem with the first system I had in it. I am running a pioneer head unit kappas in the doors and the back deck 2 amps 2 ps 12s and a battery in the back. It hits really hard but I don't see that cooking the bcm twice. Every time it's wet out it seems to have a problem. I can pound the shit out of it and no problem. Somebody help!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
The shop that told you that doesn’t know exactly why but it’s easy to blame the system. If the system is hooked up properly it (the system) did not do it. Double check the system is properly hooked up then consult another shop. Amps and additional battery are closed loop. In that they only use power from battery and alternator. The head unit is the only part that connected to anything to the car or computer.
Radio on, it’s drawing power from alternator/ battery. Head unit tells amps to go via the little tiny remote lead wire.
My guess is if you looked under the air box behind ds headlight you may find connection problems or tattered wires. That in itself would be surprising yet more logical than system related issues. Assuming system is hooked up correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shop that told you that doesn’t know exactly why but it’s easy to blame the system. If the system is hooked up properly it (the system) did not do it. Double check the system is properly hooked up then consult another shop. Amps and additional battery are closed loop. In that they only use power from battery and alternator. The head unit is the only part that connected to anything to the car or computer.
Radio on, it’s drawing power from alternator/ battery. Head unit tells amps to go via the little tiny remote lead wire.
My guess is if you looked under the air box behind ds headlight you may find connection problems or tattered wires. That in itself would be surprising yet more logical than system related issues. Assuming system is hooked up correctly.
[/QUOT. Thank you very much I will look into that it is all hooked up properly and very nice. I was wondering if the radio itself is causing that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you I will look into that finally have something I can go with. Cause when it's wet it makes it worse so I was guessing a short somewhere just didn't know where to start.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yup, somewhere to start.
The three main umbilical connections on that bcm are big and contain lots or all the wiring. If that is somehow loose or the weather tight seal has become deteriorated shorts could happen.
It’s not that hard to remove the air box and view the control modules if it’s like my limited.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John it turns out it was and abs module shorting out the plug was bad causing the bcm to cook itself and the auxiliary power was always on so they changed the module and put in a new ground . Let's hope this is the problem. Nothing to do with the system like I told them from day 1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts