Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello this is my first thread here and idk if this is the right section so sorry if it is but i have a 2006 impala lt. and i have a little problem with it.. when i leave my phone charging while the car is off. when i turn it back on the battery light on the dash come on... also i had installed a knight rider led strip behind the grill and while i was insalling i obviously had the car off. but when i did turn it on the battery light came on.. i have took the car to get the battery checked and the alternator and both are in great shape.. also to add i have a red top optima battery.. but when i dont have the phone charging or anything on while the car is off the light wont come on.. has anyone ever expirenced anything like that?? how can i fix this?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome to IF! Hace you tried to unhook the lights and see what happens?

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Welcome!:beer: More pics, now OK?:wink:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome!

My guess is, the charger and LED's are creating enough of a draw when the key is turned on to trigger the warning system. Should be ok, but don't let it sit like that long without running the engine or you may drain your battery.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Michael, welcome to the forum! I realize you're seeking DIY input from other owners, but please let me know if you ever decide to involve a dealership. I'm always happy to get in touch with them on your behalf, and I'm available via private message through this forum.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone I just decided to take off the led's. But regarding if I leave my phone car charger connected while the ignition is off the battery light will still come on the dash. And I never had the led's & charger connected at the same time.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The battery light is nothing to worry about. It's just a warning system letting you know you are running off of the battery. Just don't let it sit too long with the charger connected. You should only start worrying when your battery dies.

Edit: Did you install the system around the same time? If so, this is likely what is turning the warning light on. Just b/c something isn't on, doesn't mean it isn't taking juice from your battery. Anything that is direct wired to the battery is using juice all the time unless, it has a switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts