Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at replacing my battery in the SS but dont know if I should keep it Delco or move to a Diehard. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Battery

I used to work for an AC-Delco Dist and I prefer the original look and performance if possible.Delco is importing some batteries from Korea and I have bought probably 5-10 for my vehicle and my family.They are cheaper but the performance has been great for me.I highly recomend them!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Motomaster Eliminator Ultra! :D

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Im looking at replacing my battery in the SS but dont know if I should keep it Delco or move to a Diehard. Any suggestions?
i use to buy diehards but they have been crap the last two so I have not use a diehard in over 5 years, have had good luck with both advance and autozone batteries. Run them in 4 cars and 2 lawn tractors. Interstate has been good for my friend.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Delco batteries have been having trouble for years, probably because they are coming from Korea... Get the DieHard, or get an Exide, stay away from delco and optima. Interstate is good, but pricey. Exide is just as good, but much cheaper.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Got mine from Costco this past spring made by kirkland got 950 cold cranking amps. When it was -5 here a week or two ago, car started like it was 90 degrees. I'd recommend them if you got a membership or know someone with one. $85.00 and its got a 5 year warranty on it.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Another guy who runs from DELCO due to two premature very early failures (within 12 mos) in two new GM vehicles.

I switched to Optima after boycotting DELCO, but heard they suck now too. I guess if needed, I would likely get Interstate at this point if I needed a battery. Can't anybody make a consitently good battery, here in the USA?

·
Registered
158 Posts
FWIW - I've had good luck with the AutoZone Duralast Gold. Had them in my truck and Jeep - the truck's failed after 11 years, the Jeep's after 9. They ain't cheap - into the triple digits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts