Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i do for basic maintenance to my 01 impala. i had a starting problem and i just fixed it by replacing the fuel pressure regulator and now im going to change the oil coz its about time and im going to replace the spark plugs. what else would you recommend on doing? changing brake fluid and transmission fluid? what about coolent? when should all these be changed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've gone as far as taking my throttle body off and clean that along with IC solenoid and check for blockage up to the EGR. Dont forget air filter. I started changing the tranny fluid and fuel filter every other year now. So you change the fuel regulator, why? Did you have a CEL? After you change it did you notice an increase in fuel mileage, performance,..? Ya get rid of that pink coolant!!! Get a flush and put the green in!! Thats what I did just prior to changing the lower intake manifold gasket!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my dad tried to change the fuel filter but he said he used everything and couldn't get it off and it was really tight space to get into, is there any tips on changing it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts