Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on how to price this 1963 Impala and how to sell it. Your typical only driven on Sunday kind of car, owned by a farmer. Has been sitting since early 1980s. Low mileage -- I would guess 20K or under. All original. Was a custom build -- does that make it worth more? One owner. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get an accurate price, and recommend where to sell it? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting car. Looks like a 4-Speed car with a Factory Tach. Is that 327 Emblems I see on the side?
Now see, that's why I'm here on this forum. I don't know much about cars, and I knew that the experts here could tell me things just by looking at my photos. I don't know if those are 327 emblems, nor do I know what that is! But I will try to get a better look (and photo) and post it here. Thank you! If you have any suggestions for a person who could give me an appraisal or a place that you would recommend selling it, I'd sure appreciate it!

·
Registered
571 Posts
There are some good choices out there for selling. Two good places are Hemmings Motor News and Oldride.com. For an Appraisal, I would try a local guy.

Post a picture of the Engine when you get a chance and any other interesting Options that the car may have. The Numbers and Letters on the Engine Pad would also tell us what you have there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I looked up '63 Impalas on Hagerty.com's evaluation chart. $16,100 in fair condition + 10% for a 4 speed transmission. I would call them way too optimistic for a 4 door hardtop. That is with a 327 w/4 barrel carb. Is the interior all moldy & rotten, or just dirty. Are there rust holes in the floor under the carpets, or anywhere else? Some folks like to try & sell barnfinds just like they found them, but I would try to clean it up first. It might clean up pretty nice with some cleaning products & elbow grease. It definitely is a pretty rare car with a 4 speed in a 4 door hardtop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts