Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on removing the "IMPALA LT" off the trunk of my car, and I wanted to relocate it to the driver side door..

I haven't been able to find a product simular (or the exact product) that the factories use to put the original badges on the cars. :gaah:

I'm aware that 3M makes an automotive epoxy (carried at my local Autozone) but I don't want this relocation to be a permanent thing.

Does anyone know what the product factories use is called / where I can find it? or if theres a better product out there to use?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
3M double-sided tape. It comes in a roll that you cut accordingly. It is what GM and most all auotmakers use. It's like $20 for the big roll at Autozone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there one specific for automotive use?

The only one I've seen around is the white double sided mounting tape, and that stuff doesn't hold up once it gets wet. (Currently holding on half of one of my weather guards, changing the tape every other week)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, Thanks Don!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up going with the 3M "badge and emblem" epoxy.. I decided, while standing there looking at them both, that I didn't feel like cutting the tape to fit around the lettering.

I'll take a picture tomorrow morning of the results.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I ended up going with the 3M "badge and emblem" epoxy.. I decided, while standing there looking at them both, that I didn't feel like cutting the tape to fit around the lettering.

I'll take a picture tomorrow morning of the results.
Haha that's what I did with my first car, I got the tape and cut all that sht. Bit it was a PITA! So now I just use the epoxy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts