Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
You had me wondering until I saw this car was from 2003.

Buick is just barely alive. They have just three models. This is because of all hassles GM went through when they canned Oldsmobile. GM figures they will just weed out many of the Buick dealers by just not giving them anything to sell. Then, when GM does cancel Buick's ticket, there will be fewer buyouts to give and fewer lawsuits to settle.

In my neck of the woods, Ford is trying to weed out a few dealers. The Mercury dealer by me was offered a buyout and he took it. OTOH, Ford forced one of the local Ford dealers out of business. Ford owned the property the dealership was located on. The land lease was up so Ford jacked up the land lease cost to a point where the dealer couldn't make it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You had me wondering until I saw this car was from 2003.

Buick is just barely alive. They have just three models. This is because of all hassles GM went through when they canned Oldsmobile. GM figures they will just weed out many of the Buick dealers by just not giving them anything to sell. Then, when GM does cancel Buick's ticket, there will be fewer buyouts to give and fewer lawsuits to settle.

In my neck of the woods, Ford is trying to weed out a few dealers. The Mercury dealer by me was offered a buyout and he took it. OTOH, Ford forced one of the local Ford dealers out of business. Ford owned the property the dealership was located on. The land lease was up so Ford jacked up the land lease cost to a point where the dealer couldn't make it.

This is true, Buick is almost dead, but I don't think it is completely GM's fault. I heard that when GM offered to bring the New Park Avenue (Rebadged Holden), that they're selling in china to the US market, the dealers said no they didn't want it, because the park ave would take sales away from their Lucerne models, which I think is absurd. I mean as long as a Buick is being sold money is being made right?

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/20/shanghai-motor-show-buick-park-ave-makes-its-entrance/

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I mean as long as a Buick is being sold money is being made right?
You are right.

To me it is sad that Buick did not put this car in production, it is a beautiful retro style car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts