Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When coming to a stop from about 40mph it has a terrible vibration so I had my rotors turned down and drove good for a while then about a month later it was back took it all back apart checked the rotors there still straight cleaned everything re greased the slide pins torqued everything properly and the vibration is still there ball joints are good bearings are good there’s no slop in the wheel when shaking the tire? Any ideas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When coming to a stop from about 40mph it has a terrible vibration so I had my rotors turned down and drove good for a while then about a month later it was back took it all back apart checked the rotors there still straight cleaned everything re greased the slide pins torqued everything properly and the vibration is still there ball joints are good bearings are good there’s no slop in the wheel when shaking the tire? Any ideas 2011 impala ltz

·
Registered
1 Posts
You mentioned that you had the rotors spun. I'd go ahead and replace them. Also, be sure that you haven't lost a weight leaving a wheel out of balance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My '03 loves to warp rotors. So much so I just replace them as necessary. Not sure why, but the 6+% hills around here are probably to blame. Sorry I don't have better news, I would certainly pay more for a rotor with cajones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts