Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

the backup-lights of my 1994 Caprice didn't work. It is a 9C1, so the wiring unter the dashboard is a mess.

But I tested a bit with the gauge and I don't found 12V at the backup-lights wiring. So I have some questions:

- Is there a fuse for the backup-lights? Didn't find it in the instruction manual.

- There ist a bent white switch towards the base of the steering column on the top. Is that the switch for the backup lights? There are 3 pins but only one light green wire at one of the pins. Mybe there are some wires missing?

- when the ignition is on and the shifter is on "R", should the backup-lights flash up? Or did the backup-lights only flash up when engine is running?

Thanks for your help! :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
From everything I have read and heard, the police versions of these cars are often left with wiring disasters/nightmares after they remove the police wiring from the car.

Not 100 percent sure, but the car should have a fuse for reverse lights, and the reverse lights should light up solid while the car is in reverse, not blink or flash.

Honestly think the best thing you could probably do with knowing it is a mess is to get your hands on a full set of wiring schematics. Some manuals like haynes usually will have decent wiring diagram, which would make it easier to trace.

Reactions: plano-doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the wiring was a mess, but not that bad. I repaired much and removed all the useless wiring.

I have the wiring diagramms, but I'm not a professional mechanic. So I need some additional help from you guys. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts