Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I get in an 8th gen impala I test the rear windows and get the same results. My wife has an 07 and I have a 10. You guessed it. they both suffer from the same thing. Normally it wouldnt bother me cause i dont ride back there and I have a love of A/C, but my dog has taken a loving for going for rides and he likes to stick his head out the window , but the wind buffeting is so bad that it is just unbearable and have to roll the windows back up. Has anyone tried to find the sorce of this issue or found a solution?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
^ Lol! I get it too if I only roll down the 2 rear windows for my black lab Max in the '12. Rolling down my drivers window solves the problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will give this a try again tomorrow and pay closer attention to see what happens but I am sure that I have tried opening front windows with no success

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used to have that issue in my 2006 Impala 3LT, but not my 2012 LTZ. Not sure if its the 17 v18 in rims, but cracking the front window solves the issue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have found that since owning a Volt, what others would consider excessive buffeting, is minor. In the Volt the buffeting was so bad that starting at 45mph the back hatch would start to shake violently and the noise was deafening to the point of being painful.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Certainly NOT specific to the impala. This actually happens MUCH worse in our 08 durango, than in our impala.

Cracking open one or both of the front windows will solve the issue.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
There's a section in the owners manual under "windows" describing the phenomenon and its solution. Roll another window down, lol!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts