Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any aux input on my stock 2000 impala CD deck? I dont want to take out the stock deck because of how it is intertwined with the dummy lights and noises but i do want to plug in my MP3 player. I've been using a FM transmitter but the quality is not as nice as a direct line

·
Banned
351 Posts
I do not think there are aux inputs on that. I feel the same way about removing a HU with so many different functionalities, but you can always relocate it somewhere else (i do not know if its worth it... I wouldnt do it on my 07)...

In the past Ive used the converter that runs from the speaker wires and found it did the job ok, but not if you are going for super high quality sound. If you put one 12" with a high quality amp (does not have to be huge wattage) then you will get enough bump to keep you happy (as long as you are not an audiophile).

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is there any aux input on my stock 2000 impala CD deck? I dont want to take out the stock deck because of how it is intertwined with the dummy lights and noises but i do want to plug in my MP3 player. I've been using a FM transmitter but the quality is not as nice as a direct line
There is not an AUX input on the HU. I removed my HU and put in an Indash DVD and if you use the correct harness you can retain the door chimes onstar and stuff like that. Also there are other ways to reset the tire monitors and oil life. You can also have the factory HU relocated to the trunk or under the seat or in the glove box.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I believe the harness runs for around 100 dollars. Check ebay cause im sure you can find it for cheaper than that. I got mine from Circuit City when they were goin out of business and it ran be about 65.

·
Registered
53 Posts
wow that looks way cool i dont even want to know how you did it but shit man, thats clean lol. im getting that adapter thing in from crutchfield tomorrow. if you buy a deck from them thats over 129 (huuuuge selection) you get that 100 piece at half off and all of the other necessary installation equipment free. it even comes with a car specific step by step instructions on how to install it. and if you send me a private message i can save you another twenty bucks off through cruthfeild (no this isnt an add just a promotion they have right now lol).

·
Registered
14 Posts
i heard the aux thing is under the glove box but i look an all i saw was a plug... i guess u gotta buy something different that plugs into it :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts