Impala Forums banner

AutoZone sale on Dex 6 trans fluid

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  WickedGoat 
#1 ·
Just an FYI... AutoZone is running a nice sale on Castrol Dexron VI synthetic blend trans fluid. It is 2 quarts for $10 and you must buy 2. 6 quarts for $30 plus tax. Just picked up some for a drain and fill along with 6 quarts of STP synthetic oil, long life filter and air filter. If I remember right, the trans fluid sale is going on until April 1st.

#2 ·
Thanks for the heads up. That is a good deal, unfortunately our az store whenever I have gone in never has more than one quart of castrol branded dex 6 or atf4 in the store. Have been in the place after trans fluid many times and given up on even trying them when I need trans fluid.

#4 · (Edited)
Darn, don't think ours is having this sale. Of course today was the first warmer day for me to change filters so I also checked the tyranny fluid and it barely touches the stick so figured I do a drain and fill also. Time for an oil change too.

Now to find the DYI so I can find how much I need.

Edit:

Does it matter if it's full synthetic or a blend.

This what I'm looking at and it is on sale.

https://m.autozone.com/motor-oil-an..._automatic_transmission_fluid/930140_0_0?aqs=

#5 ·
Just remember that the trans fluid level for the 6-speed trans MUST be checked with a hot trans (there is a specific temperature range the fluid needs to be - search the forum to get it as I can't remember). You do NOT want to overfill this trans - it's really bad for it...

#11 ·
Glad to have posted this... At $9 a quart normal price, it is a great deal. Also, don't use anything but straight Dexron 6... no mixtures like Dex/Merc. Just use straight Dex 6 fluid, no matter which brand you go with. This is for the 6 speed automatic LFX cars...

Reactions: 12 lt
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.