Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!, i have a 2019 impala Lt and i HATE the auto stop feature, it feels like my car died every time it stops, and i get instant anxiety, can anyone please tell me if its possible to disable it, i heard maybe switching to gear M and pressing the + would make me drive in another gear, disabling the auto stop, but would that be bad for the transmission?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello!, i have a 2019 impala Lt and i HATE the auto stop feature, it feels like my car died every time it stops, and i get instant anxiety, can anyone please tell me if its possible to disable it, i heard maybe switching to gear M and pressing the + would make me drive in another gear, disabling the auto stop, but would that be bad for the transmission?
Outside of taking it to a dealer to be disabled I dont think you can. I'm not even sure if they can do it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Actually try running the AC and see if the auto stop feature engages. You would think the engine would have to stay on to run the compressor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out the following link. I bought one of these and it works great. Chevy-Buick Cadillac-GMC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts