Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals. So i landed a new job being a Condition Writer at a plant near my house. To do my job i have my choice of driving any car available to me to help me get thru my work dày. Now i couldve had a mercedes or some other exotic type of car but i refuse to sacrifice my love for american GM cars. So i prefer to use those or Mopar at my disposal but anyway.

Ive had my chance to use a LS4 impala ss as my work car. So we have a test track which is an 1/8 mile long to stretch them out if needed. So i opened it up and man what a beast of a car. That rumbling tumbling sound of the ls4 is bad ass for a stock exhaust. But its such a shame those transmissions are on borrowed time let alone they are not rwd. But a awesome car non the less. The heated seats wasted no time warming my buns. :lol: really cool. I would have to pass on buying that particular type of car for the time being because i really need a truck or SUV for my family. Getting a second 4 door sedan thats fast as hell with leather and 2 hard headed boys is not wise so i will still get to enjoy the ls4 just in a truck.

And then.........
And thennnnn
And then there it was sitting there looking evil and angry.

2012 chevy camaro zl1. Supercharged.... i crunk that beast up and after about 10 minutes i had to call it in for an interior detail service. Jizz everywhere. That thing is smoking sick... i will leave it at that...

·
Registered
536 Posts
ok what exactly is a condition writer? do you work near an auto assembly plant or something? they have a zl1 for you to play with? is this for real???

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok what exactly is a condition writer? do you work near an auto assembly plant or something? they have a zl1 for you to play with? is this for real???
CR writer is an inspector. I inspect vehicles as they come into the lot getting them ready for repairs and reconditioning, and resale. Its a auto auction plant. Largest one in the southeast i was told. Its really a lot for me to explain, but for example, say enterprise wants 1000 of the new 2013 Impalas for rental fleet. GM will send us 1000 impalas from the factory, and they will for the most part sit in our lot until enterprise comes and bid on them. Or if they dont take but 500, other dealers will come in on wednesdays and bid on them at the auction lot. I know it sounds a little crazy, but thats about what ive picked up thus far. Ive only been there 2 days. As for the Camaro, its on the lot for resale after we do the report on it and do whatever repairs or conditioning is necessary before it gets on the auction block. If its still in the same spot tomorrow, i may use it for my work car, but in all likelyhood i will be using something else. Ironically, GM cars out number the rest that are out there, so i probably will be using a w body impala, or if im lucky, i will try to get that ls4 again.

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
536 Posts
ok now i understand what you do. a zl1 company car was a little overwhelming for me to think about. must be cool to be around that many cool cars at one time. usually when i think of an auction i think of rusted out pos cars that no one wants. congrats on the new job..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Damn dude! I'll trade you jobs anytime!

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would say that zl1 is in damn fine condition. do i get a job now?:giggle:

Hell yeah son, you hired. LOL... You pretty much guest correctly on some of those cars out there. We do get a bunch of the riff raff out there, being repos and etc. But we have a section for every single thing you could do. Parts store, paint shop, maintenance shop, towing, you name it, we got it out there. Its surprisingly a very big business, it has to be if it offers retirement. :eek:k3: So while my ultimate agenda is on the horizon to get back into law enforcement, this job here is very much as career oriented as a government job. So i will be taking my time in getting back into public safety. My dream is to be a Criminal Investigator... Hence the name of Crime Scene. :yahoo:

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
although from that last picture i would say that that tire is pretty worn out..

Ehhh, you know i got to look at that again tomorrow, no doubt the rubber has been melted. But with those 305s i dont think much tread comes on them anyways, I could be wrong though.

·
Banned
748 Posts
LOL another reason to no buy a rental car and i thought i abused the pedal to metal on my rental but seems like they are sold pre abused to rental fleet and some might even have jizz inside... :p.

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL another reason to no buy a rental car and i thought i abused the pedal to metal on my rental but seems like they are sold pre abused to rental fleet and some might even have jizz inside... :p.

LMFAO:lol::giggle::dizzy:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Reactions: lugs

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LMMFAO, yall killing me over here. Lmao:giggle:

Seriously though, that zl1 stock sounds like this

Odd thing is, the exhaust has the same note as the LS4, just louder

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Banned
748 Posts
LMMFAO, yall killing me over here. Lmao:giggle:

Seriously though, that zl1 stock sounds like this

Odd thing is, the exhaust has the same note as the LS4, just louder
sounds like an engine on its last breath.. plus it be too loud to drive it where i live i probably be getting tickets left and right every corner of the city. thanks for the thank about time someone thanked this poor fella its like winning a medal for not doing anything..

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had an Enterprise 2012 Impala LS - first direct inject gas motor I ever drove - back in March that already had 12,000 km on it. I'm a picky guy when it comes to cars, even rental cars.

Me: "Everything checked over before you hand me the keys?"

Enterprise person: "Of course! We thoroughly inspect blah blah blah"

So right in front of them, I pop the hood and check the fluids. Oil was halfway between the end of the stick and Add. It was jet black on the white Kleenex I used to wipe, and even looked sooty like a diesel motor.

Me: "Oops, wrong. Fetch some Dexos please."

They didn't have the correct oil but insisted a value line of 5W-30 would work. I even made the kid document on the rental agreement that I found the oil low and they used the wrong oil to top off. The power steering was barely above add but they didn't have power steering fluid. Transmission fluid was already dark, and the front tires looked half bald.

I had that car a week, put on 1,200 km, and it needed 2 litres of oil during that time. Scary. Wife noted one time when I started it, she was looking at the back and noticed a puff of blue come out.

Other rental 2012's were not that badly thrashed, but all rental cars see abuse of some sort. I don't care if I can pick up a one year old rental for 50% of a brand new Impala, I got the new one.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Other rental 2012's were not that badly thrashed, but all rental cars see abuse of some sort. I don't care if I can pick up a one year old rental for 50% of a brand new Impala, I got the new one.
I am not getting one now (preowned unless its got like 5k on it) ever... good thing i got my companies old car that only saw the highway and nothing else and the parking lot for months and months only :biggrin: ..

First thing of worry is the car jizz shooter and second is what you just said about rental companies not caring about the cars.. third is people that dont drive rentals as if they were their own (/me points at a mirror).

Rentals should be burned after they done with them.. :devil:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts