101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Wow sounds like you got a lemon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a 2014 2LTZ with 65k on it now. Other than the usual things on these cars such as hub assembly and intake hose which are relatively inexpensive and do able on your own ive only replaced the factory battery which was actually fine until i installed subs without properly grounding them. The only issue I'm coming up with that i may not be able to do on my own is squeaking in my steering somewhere. Other than that the car has been perfect for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2016 lt 60,00 miles on it no issues at all had to get a jump once, think i left something on, love this car rides smooth and i get tons of compliments especially from the women lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
2014 LTZ 2LZ White Diamond

I have put nearly 5000 miles on my car since purchasing it in Mid Feb. Currently has 78K on the car and so far the only issue I have had was one day when I started the car I had no interior sounds. No radio, no turn signal clicking, no chimes...... Turned the car off and restarted, everything worked fine. I have read of this happening from time to time and as long as it does not become persistent or occuring more frequently, I can live with it!

Overall, I am very pleased with my Impala! :eek:k3:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have put nearly 5000 miles on my car since purchasing it in Mid Feb. Currently has 78K on the car and so far the only issue I have had was one day when I started the car I had no interior sounds. No radio, no turn signal clicking, no chimes...... Turned the car off and restarted, everything worked fine. I have read of this happening from time to time and as long as it does not become persistent or occuring more frequently, I can live with it!

Overall, I am very pleased with my Impala! :eek:k3:
that happened to me before and this morning,except my radio and ac lighting was blank nothing.got to work open car door,closed it, then opened it again and everything was fine weird.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2018 Premier 2LZ(Fully Loaded)

9k miles and so far (knock on wood) no issues. Good thing I got a 7 year Bumper to Bumper warranty(paid for an additional 4 years for peace of mind)

·
Registered
148 Posts
10th Gen.

Bandai, technically the current Generation is 10th according to GM and Wiki. Only the Impala Forum snobs refuse to call it the 10th. I have a 2015 and I haven't had any issues. Every car maker will have issues. GM has better reliability than most and is on par with others.
I was just thinking about the whole 9th vs 10th gen thing and made a comment on another post about what I found on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Impala#Model_year_changes

I guess it did not help matters that GM/Chevy built the New body style at the same time (2014-2016) as building the older body style and slapping a name plate on the older style car calling it the Impala Limited. I actually found a GM Dealers site that refers to both the 9th gen 2006-???? (site says Present) and the 10th gen 2014-???? (again, site says Present) at the same time as current generation. I suppose technically, that might have been true at the time the site was generated but I also believe this site I am referring to has not been updated since 2016.

https://www.dancummins.com/the-chevy-impala-nearly-sixty-years-and-still-going-strong/

No wonder there is confusion!

However, I do believe the latest body style is a 10th Generation of the Impala and I love mine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Impala vs Buick Lacrosse

To current Gen 9 Impala owners, if you could do it all over again, would you purchase a 2018 or 2019 Impala or go with the 2018 or 2018 Buick Lacrosse with 3.6L/9spd auto instead? both will be discontinued next year, but which would you rather live with for the next decade.

Really sucks GM didnt update the Impala's powertrain.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts