Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
They really are nice cars inside and out. Its hard to believe its a "Chevy" at times. I don't agree on it being a fast car at all. It moves pretty good for its size. But, needs a bit more oomph. Especially when you have 3-4 passengers and AC running. You should have got the SS. Still kicking myself for not getting it. You still have 4 doors. That thing is a total beast. Pulls like a freight train and keeps going.
Ha you think the impala is bad, the ss is worse. They are sitting on the lot here and can't move, even one that is sold. Recalls that have no fix.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ha you think the impala is bad, the ss is worse. They are sitting on the lot here and can't move, even one that is sold. Recalls that have no fix.
I read about that. Something about the seat belt could come undone in a crash. Fix was suppose to be made this month or next I believe. But, yeah. Pretty serious recall with that going on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I read about that. Something about the seat belt could come undone in a crash. Fix was suppose to be made this month or next I believe. But, yeah. Pretty serious recall with that going on.
Seatbelts have been around forever, id figure they would have that perfected by now.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Actually I believe it was the seat weld and the SEAT could come undone.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Actually I believe it was the seat weld and the SEAT could come undone.
GM Issues Stop Sale On 2016 Chevrolet SS | GM Authority

Recall Details

The defect: the driver’s seat belt tensioner cable may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle causing the cable to fatigue and separate.

The hazards: if the tensioner cable separates, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.

·
Registered
296 Posts
for the guy who has one that he never picked up at local lot i wonder if you still have to pay the note on a car you can't pick up

·
Registered
482 Posts
Recall Number 14V446000
Recall Date 07/23/2014
Component SEATS
Summary
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Buick Encore and Cadillac ATS; 2014 Cadillac CTS, ELR, Chevrolet Caprice and SS vehicles; and 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks. Due to an incomplete weld on the seat hook bracket assembly, the front seats in the affected vehicles may not stay secured in place during a high load condition such as a crash.

Lol, sounds like a perfectly safe vehicle assuming you drive from the back seat.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Sounds like 2 completely different recalls.... Geez - it seems that car manufacturers are spending too much time trying to make the car support things like auto-braking and lane-departure warnings instead of worrying about the basics - you know, silly things like welding things in place and seat belts that work properly! <sigh>

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love these cars so much, I got 2! My black on with just over 4k on her has not exhibited any sort of vibration issue. The white on with 3.5k no issue either.
The infotainment is great, ANDROID AUTO is awesome! I, to this day haven't set any radio presets or xm presets because I use my audio apps.
I don't really pay attention to resale value. Hell if youre the type that does, WHY DA FUQ did you even buy one of these? Get yourself a top notch non depreciating vehicle then!!!
I gotta admit, these cars just eat up the miles! Theyre a blast to drive and are a solid buy.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Damn I wish we could afford 2, I love my truck but I'd love to have just 1 more Impala, maybe a pearl or diamond white or hell even another black one.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Damn I wish we could afford 2, I love my truck but I'd love to have just 1 more Impala, maybe a pearl or diamond white or hell even another black one.
Not a fan of black cars. BUT. The Impala midnight edition premier model. It looks freaking awesome.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I love these cars so much, I got 2! My black on with just over 4k on her has not exhibited any sort of vibration issue. The white on with 3.5k no issue either.
The infotainment is great, ANDROID AUTO is awesome! I, to this day haven't set any radio presets or xm presets because I use my audio apps.
I don't really pay attention to resale value. Hell if youre the type that does, WHY DA FUQ did you even buy one of these? Get yourself a top notch non depreciating vehicle then!!!
I gotta admit, these cars just eat up the miles! Theyre a blast to drive and are a solid buy.
Hope fully you never have the issue since most don't. But, still keep an eye on it down the line. Especially after the 5k mark.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hope fully you never have the issue since most don't. But, still keep an eye on it down the line. Especially after the 5k mark.

Yep... with this car- " never say never"! ......It's been known to happen anytime, especially after the 5k mark!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had '60, '65SS,'67SS,'70 & '74 Impalas, but the FWD '17 handles and rides the best of the bunch and zero defects in the first 2K.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Traded mine in, (black Weathertech front and rear floor liners for sale lol) I couldn't take the vibration and shake anymore. I couldn't take GM telling me to F myself in kinder words. Dealership was great, I lost my shirt on the car, almost embarrassed to say it but close to $3k, that's the cost of a life lesson I guess. I loved the look of the car, the features and size but I can't go with a company who doesn't back its owners. I did my job, I bought it and was let down. I'm a salesman and drive all day long, the vibration drove me bananas

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I am so curious what the hell causes this vibration on only some of the vehicles... Eventually, I may be interested in purchasing one of the new-style Impalas, but as long as this vibration issue continues to appear on some of them, I'm not so sure I would "risk" it...

Sent from my OBOOK 11 PLUS DUALOS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
The three loaners I had didn't do it either. No offer of buy back, nada. I would've bought another in a heart beat. Mine did it from day one but just assumed it needed a wheel balance. Between that and the terrible roads around here I thought it would be an easy fix. They replaced everything. If it was a jeep, I'd say "well I bought a jeep" but those are supposed to be smooth. I couldn't take a 10th visit to the dealership

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What did you end up trading it in for?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Damn if you took close to a $3,000 loss and then jumped into a 2017 BMW you must not be doing too bad. ;)

41 - 60 of 108 Posts