Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know how this sounds. But, what do You Guys think about using A Pontiac GP Or GT Or GTP Or Buick Park Ave S/C Dual Mufflers in a 9C1 Chevy Impala? Currently I have Dual Flowmaster in it, But Its getting too loud for My liking, Its Loud at all Engine Speeds, Making it Worse is that My car is a X-Police Car and I don't think they Build that car with any consideration of Luxury. So the engine noise plus the Muffler Noise is driving Me nuts. So I'm trying to Re-Install the Stock Mufflers, But I Want To Retain the Duals, I Tried as Mush as much as I could to find an SS Impala To match My stock, but to no avail, I looked all around the junk yards in My area and Online, But no success. But I Found several duals in Several Pontiacs at the Junk Yard, I Would like to get them, but Idk if they'll fit, Fit I mean as in Emission wise? If they are the same? will there be any issues? cos I think I have to Do emission in Dec. I know they are all in the W-Body Platform, So I'm really hoping this would be breezy.
On a second/side thought, If I Remove the Plastic Flooring in the car and install a regular Mat on it, Could it Possibly Make the Cabin Quieter?

Please give Me Ya'll Thoughts.

Thanks-A-Milli!!!

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Will not effect emissions. That's done by OBDII in Maryland.

As far as will they fit, yes and no. I know the Monte SS are pretty much the same, and the others will mostly fit too, but I believe they may have different hangers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts