Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these on Craigslist:SMALL BLOCK CHEVY HEADS 202 2.02 VALVES , 1.60 EXHAUST SS, SCREW IN 3/8 ROCKER STUDS, NEW NEOPRENE SEALS, NEW SPRINGS 110# .500 LIFT, NEW RETAINERS AND LOCKS, CLEAN UP SURFACE CUT, CHECHED AND RECONDITIONED, HEADS HAVE BEEN MAGD AND PRESSURE TESTED READY TO BOLT ON IF INTERESTED. He wants $400 for them. I spoke to my mechanic about doing a bigger cam and having the heads redone and he said why not just get a set of 202 heads.
I have a 95 LT1 with Alum heads, with 130k on them. Is it worth the price and should I still up grade the cam? Just got done rewiring the Instrument panel.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Assuming those are the old "202 fuelie" heads. If the ad says LT-1 that is an early 70s engine not the 90s engine.
Regular smallblock heads don't have the right cooling passages for an LT1 and the heads you have are probably at least as good stock as those 70s era things are if ported.

If they are 90s LT1 heads modified for 2.02 valves then I would avoid them because it was probably a stupid person who had that done.

I wouldn't let that mechanic change your air filter RUN next time you see him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts