Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much will it increase the cars value?

would it be worth it to get these items?

such as the the tail light covers, correct colur key to my car. (including the center part)
and the Indy grill
I worked out a deal with someone that is selling them but I want to see if it's even worth it.
he wants $425 for them

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
425 is too much. That's my opinion of course and in the end its whatever you want to pay for the look. I am sure someone here would pay it.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
425 is too much. That's my opinion of course and in the end its whatever you want to pay for the look. I am sure someone here would pay it.
trying to get him down to 375 shipped

Kinda high since amazon.com has paint to match for 177

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
For the covers AND grille, I wouldn't pay more than $250 + shipping, but thats just me.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
I was taking that into account. I'm also a cheap-ass. For reference, I bought a set of covers (in black) with the tail lights for $150 shipped from a member on here.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was taking that into account. I'm also a cheap-ass. For reference, I bought a set of covers (in black) with the tail lights for $150 shipped from a member on here.
includes the center it does have water spot damage on the lens

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Yeah $425 is def too much. Even $375 is too much. I maintain that $250 +shipping is a fair deal for both parties

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I would personally forget the tails if yours are in decent shape and buy these: Custom Impala Applications

Or just tint them with nite-shades

I do not believe any of this will increase the value as the average joe wouldn't care if the parts where on it or not.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would personally forget the tails if yours are in decent shape and buy these: Custom Impala Applications

Or just tint them with nite-shades

I do not believe any of this will increase the value as the average joe wouldn't care if the parts where on it or not.
nah tinting is a good way to get a ticket, but the factory option is legal though.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
nah tinting is a good way to get a ticket, but the factory option is legal though.
Depends where your at and how the cop's are feeling :eek:k3:

No issues what so ever and I have had them tinted for 3+ months now. Not to mention I did 4+ coats which, ended up way darker than I wanted.

Wait, all the troubles you are having with your "6+ owner lemon" and you want to invest money into it? :giggle:

FYI: Dumping money into a 25yr old or less vehicle is NOT an investment and will not increase the value :yikes: ..... Guaranteed

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hmmm, this looks interesting. Anyone know how close the Silver Metallic is to the OEM 2005 Silver?

Agreed. Do it because you like it and if you can afford it. Should be the only reason :eek:k3:

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
If you get the vinyl kit, make sure to have a heat gun, gloves and a friend to help, otherwise it will not fit around the bends like you want it

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Hmmm, this looks interesting. Anyone know how close the Silver Metallic is to the OEM 2005 Silver?
Its very close. Its meant for galaxy silver metallic, so if that's your paint code, then it should be a good match. This of course depends on the condition of your paint and if it has faded any

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
If you get the vinyl kit, make sure to have a heat gun, gloves and a friend to help, otherwise it will not fit around the bends like you want it
X2

Not for the faint of heart or those inexperienced with a heat gun and shrinking/forming vinyl.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
10-4 use either a heat gun and a flat edge (credit card) or you can use a spray bottle with water. Soak the tail-lights with water, place the vinyl and squeeze out the water. Using water is much easier as you can reposition the vinyl without having to take it back off.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
I worked out a deal with someone that is selling them but I want to see if it's even worth it.
Those are Donmateo's.
He's selling them @ his store's website.
It looks like he cut you a big discount from his asking price...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Its very close. Its meant for galaxy silver metallic, so if that's your paint code, then it should be a good match. This of course depends on the condition of your paint and if it has faded any
Makes sense. Paint is pretty nice. I'll check it out.

:beer:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts