Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone, I just bought an 04 impala with some balding tires last week. Today I bought a used set(4) of chrome Bonneville ssei wheels with tires. I installed them myself and now have a low tire light on. Don't really want to pay to have my sensors removed from my old wheels to the newer ones that I have on now. Is there a way to pull a fuse or put in a resistor somwhere. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
no, you can do it thru your radio, and it should be good, unless you are constantly adjusting the pressure (or have a leak)
If you have an 04, your sensors are on the wheel hub, not the Wheel itself, you may have a bad sensor or harness. Take the wheel off and check the connection for the WSS

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
If you have an 04, your sensors are on the wheel hub, not the Wheel itself,
How would the hub know how much air is in the tire? The wheels he took off still have the sensor that transmit to the hub sensor which reports to the monitoring computer. He needs the sensors from the wheels he removed.

Or he can pull the low tire bulb from the instrument cluster so it does not annoy him.

·
Registered
657 Posts
if im not mistaken, the sensor basically counts the wheel rotations as a way of monitoring the pressure or something like that. there is no sensor on the wheel. i have aftermarket 20s and still get correct measurements with the tire pressure monitor, you just have to reset it when you put the new wheels on. if you dont have the stock radio, you can pull the headlight knob from off to parking lamp mode 3 times in 5 seconds while the ignition is in the ON position to reset the light. the low tire pressure light should come on within losing 12 PSI from the reset point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a honda pilot a few years ago and one sensor went bad and it was inside the rim,but if the impala has it on the hub then thats great I will reset it and get back to you guys, thanks alot.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
if im not mistaken, the sensor basically counts the wheel rotations as a way of monitoring the pressure or something like that.
That is interesting. So I learned something new in regards to these cars.

So how soon till the self-auto-driving car come on the market?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I just read an article how they're close to having fly-by-wire brakes. So soon no more hydralic brakes.
So how do you stop if the PCM and/or electrical system goes out? I know hydraulic lines can blow but at least there is the Parking/Emergency Brake. Some how I doubt that the brake-by-wire would have that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts