Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys/girls. This is my daily driver, i am not new to the car game I just cant seem to find any parts, performance wise. This isnt my race car but i seems like a fun car to play with and I dont mind blowing money.:beer:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
What you got LTZ, LT,LS makes a dif for suspension mods, sway bars, shock tower bars, struts. Then there are lights projectors with HIDs and such. Engine and tranny tunes, interior and exterior mods. Depends on what you want to do, also some performance parts are starting to slooowly come our way.

Also Welcome to the forum and we need pic of the car :eek:k3:

·
Registered
110 Posts
strut tower braces thats about all i have done. the aftermarket headlights look cheap, the LED tails are tempting but nervous if it has low light output or not. as for intake all there is, is the K&N drop in filter, no commercially availiable cold air intakes yet, and i doubt there will be. if its a LTZ there is not much you can do without going over the top to make it handle better as you got the best there is from the factory parts bin.

Alan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Get a K&N high flow filter for about $60 and cut open the airbox. Then buy a Magnaflow Cat back exhaust for about $600. Then get your ECM/TCM Overkilled. Then buy front and rear strut tower braces and done rome brackets. Then get Dorman sway bars. Those should definitely help your ride. :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Overkill 2012-2013 Impala ECM tunes are done but I've delayed putting them on my website until I solve a small issue downloading these tunes off the GM website with no TCM connected. If I have an Impala specific core (such as from your own 2012 Impala), not a problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I want the Magnaflow exhaust IF it ever becomes available.
You guys need to sign up to be notified of availability so they see interest in releasing it.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
already have:eek:k3::eek:k3:

·
Registered
412 Posts
What makes the 2012 cat-back different from the SS/3.9 cat-back? Looked about the same connection point to me under the car at a quick glance.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
What makes the 2012 cat-back different from the SS/3.9 cat-back? Looked about the same connection point to me under the car at a quick glance.
One of the guy with a 2012 put on a magnaflow for a 5.3, I believe it is the same after the cat. The new cat for 2012-2013 is 15197 from magnaflow, it is in their catalog but no pics or price yet.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Why spend $600+ on a "direct fit" cat back? You can go to a quality muffler shop and have a "custom" mandrel bent cat back made in whatever size you want with your choice of mufflers.

I spent under $400 for my mandrel bent 2 3/4 exhaust. Y pipe, dual magnaflows, 4in tips and even a new high flow cat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One of the guy with a 2012 put on a magnaflow for a 5.3, I believe it is the same after the cat. The new cat for 2012-2013 is 15197 from magnaflow, it is in their catalog but no pics or price yet.
That would be me. I eliminated the center resonator section and just used a piece of stainless straight pipe. The third converter is history.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
That would be me. I eliminated the center resonator section and just used a piece of stainless straight pipe. The third converter is history.
Have you run the car thru state inspection yet or done emmision testing since the change( if you have to do emmissions)?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Not required where I live plus I have an inspection license.
Cheater, :eek:k3: don't need emissions if car in Suffolk but I do here in Manassas. :beer:

Reactions: 08boo

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Why spend $600+ on a "direct fit" cat back? You can go to a quality muffler shop and have a "custom" mandrel bent cat back made in whatever size you want with your choice of mufflers.

I spent under $400 for my mandrel bent 2 3/4 exhaust. Y pipe, dual magnaflows, 4in tips and even a new high flow cat.
I spent more money, but I love my Magnaflow Catback exhaust. It sounds amazing and it fits well on the Impala. Just remove the old exhaust and conect the pipes. :eek:k3:

·
Registered
353 Posts
hiboost,

look for the SLP pulley section on this forum, you will find a bunch of mods and what those mods will give you at the track.

Cheers,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also in the market for more mods, If anyone has anything in mind let me know:
My 2013 impala lt mod list thus far:
Dual Magnaflow
Resignater deleted
rear cat deleted
K&N cold air intake
Tune coming soon

Looking for a little more get go, First "Newer" car