Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. anyone have ideas as to what can be done to a rental for fun :giggle: without actually breaking it ?

Has anyone done anything crazy to their rentals ever ?

Rental i got is an IMP 2012 or 2013 i believe. I have lots of ice and snow on road so nothing too insane on highway i want to attempt. Maybe donuts in ice covered empty parking lot to check out its performance or traction control features ? :devil:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Have fun trying to do donuts in a FWD...

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
drive fast then brake and see how far you slide so when you stop place a flag on the spot and see if you can go farther the second time :lol: never did it bt sure sounds like fun. But make sure everything is clear and have a good empty distant road

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
before doing anything is rental covered by insurance that you get thru them? If so go for it just don't hurt anyone

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Whenever I get a rental, I take my dog for a ride and I eat a spagetti dinner in it. In my car, no dog, no food, no liquids other than clear liquids. So I go crazy in the rental. It that what you meant for crazy?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have fun trying to do donuts in a FWD...
i can attempt reverse donuts maybe ? :WTF:

@12ltz i think damages would be covered upto 100$ deductible, cause my insurance follows me and covers the vehicle i drive, even in usa if i get a rental it covers it.

@1impalavision1 hmmm where do i find flags now in the winter will try dollarorama.

@TSS .. i have no dog or cat and nope that's not what when i meant by going postal.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
What's a dollerama :lol: maybe local stuff in your garage instead of spending money for some fun

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's a dollerama :lol: maybe local stuff in your garage instead of spending money for some fun
There u can get stuff for $1 or $2's most items are cheap and imports from china probably.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I only read the OP so this may have been covered.. But why not be a sensible adult and treat each thicker you drive like you own? Why do people feel the need to treat things they aren't responsible for like garbage?

/end rant

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only read the OP so this may have been covered.. But why not be a sensible adult and treat each thicker you drive like you own? Why do people feel the need to treat things they aren't responsible for like garbage?

/end rant
Cause at the end of the day.. i am driving a Malibu LT.. it has no fking remote start like my imp. does; so have to wait 10 minutes inside the car freezing my buttocks off. Plus just because i do not have fun with rental does not mean the guy before me did not :giggle: .. there is a left out feeling plus if car cannot take simple attempts at faster accelerations or attempt donuts why bother calling it a brand new car ? Rental companies should start renting out 2000 clunkers instead.

/end rant !!

Plus who really buys a rental car out ?( o wait i almost did a dodge charger 2012 :biggrin:)? To top it all off it don't even have power seat even for the driver :WTF:

Actually I might pickup a Fusion 2013 maybe almost bought that car and see how it behaves.

This is from malibu's website itself "People Who Know and Love Cars Love Malibu." who agrees with that ?

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Why do people feel the need to treat things they aren't responsible for like garbage?
Apple not falling far from a tree???

Must've been what his daddy was thinking.
That would explain why he's in this situation in the first place...?
Just an idea. :wink:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
off-roading is always fun in a rental car...

Reactions: volume

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
it appears if you put fast food trays under the rear tires and set the emergency brake you can drift... kind. the videos are all over youtube.

Reactions: volume

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Not when you have a car as big as ours. Lol my buddys scion felt like it was gonna flip, but it was fun as hell. Mine chewed up my front tires and my girl"s rear was flying around like tilt a whirl. Fun nonetheless, but do it with crummy tires.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it appears if you put fast food trays under the rear tires and set the emergency brake you can drift... kind. the videos are all over youtube.
Emergency brake on automatic ? Where is that are you talking about the parking brake ? Cause i driven standard all my life and know what it means on a standard but getting used to driving an automatic. But that does seem like fun, but i wont be able to find level flat surface it will get stuck somewhere on ice/snow and might damage the front.. to riskee after all as someone said why not drive a rental as if it was my own vehicle ? Well at the end of the day it sure is not my vehicle :dunno:. For that reason i do not let anyone borrow my car. :devil:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Emergency brake on automatic ? Where is that are you talking about the parking brake ? Cause i driven standard all my life and know what it means on a standard but getting used to driving an automatic. But that does seem like fun, but i wont be able to find level flat surface it will get stuck somewhere on ice/snow and might damage the front.. to riskee after all as someone said why not drive a rental as if it was my own vehicle ? Well at the end of the day it sure is not my vehicle :dunno:. For that reason i do not let anyone borrow my car. :devil:
park brake, emergency brake, E-brake, hand brake its whatever lol :beer:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts