Impala Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
you know what else I don't get??? This is just a shorter wheelbase version of the G8, so why that looks so badass and this looks so pitiful is beyond me....I really think GM just didn't want to put any money into it seeing as it wasn't going to be a publicly sold thing..

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Not a fan of the steelies either but thats just me, I agree tho, GM really messed up with it, the g8 was great and mean looking but this new whatever it is impala/caprice just isn't cutting it for me. :/ Kinda upset and disappointed

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
that would have been sick, changing the front end to look more like the malibu style, I think it would have been a winner..

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
^^ I was just speaking to the striking contrasting interior.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
^^ I was just speaking to the striking contrasting interior.
really???!! Cause to me, it just looks like someone went junkyard shopping for new seats, couldn't find the color they needed, so just went with a color they liked, and was too lazy/cheap to swap out the rest of the interior.....and I never liked the changing from black to another color halfway up the center pillar post, one color below the window line, and another color above it....just seems.....hokey...

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
That Holden crap version of the new impala is butt ugly. Don if i could treat you to a beer for making that statement, I would happily. I would be completely satisfied if they used the G8 car and gave it the impala name and badging.... Please GM dont butcher this car anymore than it has already.

Jon Moss, get of your ass and do something, say something...

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I was thinking about this yesterday and it dawned on me, the new Caprice is just a short wheelbase version of the G8, so, what you can do, is swap out the front and rear bumper covers, and shorten up the side skirts and you can have the Impala SS version of the caprice...you'd just have to rework the grille area to go from pontiac to chevy...it should be a direct swap, except for the side pieces and the grille...maybe an engine upgrade from the LS2 to the LS3 or LS6 as an option....hell, why not even LS7 for the uber crowd, it's only money anyways...they are all the same dimensions, if you can fit one, you can fit them all...

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
really???!! Cause to me, it just looks like someone went junkyard shopping for new seats, couldn't find the color they needed, so just went with a color they liked, and was too lazy/cheap to swap out the rest of the interior........
Poop. When you put it that way, my opinion has changed. Seriously, retract my prior accolades for the interior. You ruined it for me Wimpy. :)

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
:lol: sorry! I could get more behind it if there was more of the other color..as in, the dash and door panels were like the center console, black with the beige armrest...just the seats though....it's a fail....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Why is all the talk about 9th gen and 2012? This is not a new generation Impala, still 8th gen. Is there really any news out there about a real 9th gen?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
we should be seeing it sometime in 2012/13 for the 2014 model year if I'm not mistaken

61 - 79 of 79 Posts