Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've heard the specs for the 2012 model-new fogs, rear end, 6 speed, and 3.6 DI engine. Anyone found any pre-production pics?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Nope. And the 2012 Impala is not 9th gen if I'm not mistaken, just some cosmetic changes. 2014 is the tentative 9th gen. GM has not yet released pics of either the 2012 or 2014 unfortunately.

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
If I put a K&N sticker on my car to add HP, is it still 8th gen or can I call it 8 1/2 gen?

p.s. Don, LOL at how many tags you have. Mod, Lifetimer, car of the month...

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
If I put a K&N sticker on my car to add HP, is it still 8th gen or can I call it 8 1/2 gen?

p.s. Don, LOL at how many tags you have. Mod, Lifetimer, car of the month...
LMFAO...... Ya ll making my day today...

First it was ice cream, then it was stink smells from the vent, now this.... Ya ll going to get me fired. LOL:lol:

·
Registered
954 Posts
We've heard the specs for the 2012 model-new fogs, rear end, 6 speed, and 3.6 DI engine. Anyone found any pre-production pics?
I would have to agree that there are no photos released at this time. I will keep an eye out and keep you posted with any new information that I receive. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
^^ Tricia: That would instantly raise your status in our minds. :)

I am very interested in the "new" look, and whether some of the new features, well only one, the leather shifter, can be retroed into my 09. This is the only car I have had in a long time without a leather shifter.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
hmm, looks like I may have spoke too soon...found this on an E85 forum..It's tough to see, but when I blow up the image, it looks like the fog lamps have ditched the vents and look like the Monte Carlo's....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like cosmetically, very minor changes! Was hoping for something substantial to differentiate the 2011 and 2012, but it looks minor!

Of course, the 3.6 DI and 6 speed will be nice!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think removing the plastic cover around the fog lights is the best cosmetic thing they could have done to these so im glad they did that

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
I like that grill - like SS but not black. Also looks like the chrome strip on the rear was finally replaced with body color like the SS.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Man that Malibu is looking better and better everytime the "new Impala" comes up.....I really hope the next gen Impala knocks it out of the park.....It needs more help the more time goes on....such a shame...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts