Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no idea how to and i would like to know if anyone has, how difficult it is, what other harnesses, etc are required and basicallly instructions on how-to if possible, thanks

G

·
You should just get a key fob from junkyard or ebay then your factory radio will program it to work it's in your manual how to do that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i replaced the factory radio with an aftermarket alpine (the newest one i think model number 9886?) not too sure on that. I know for a fact it didn't come with keyless in the first place. so i dont think that aproach would work. I wanted the viper from bb and its a 2 or 3 way alarm/ keyless/ auto start and i wanted to install my self as oppoes to pay the extra for someone else to do it. thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you get it from BB most of the time they will throw in free install and all you will have to pay for is the additional hardware

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that kinda helps, and the only reason i want to do it myself is because best buy is backed up over three weeks for the install and i tried making an appointment but they cant schedule them three weeks in advance (weird) so i have to call back in a week to try and make one but odds are im still gonna be backed up. I have to pay an additional 150 for the bypass... is their a cheaper bypass? and any legit guides that either have step by step or something so i can know exactly where to mount stuff and what not... thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
with the driver door open. hold the lock and unlock buttons down then the doors should mlock then your done.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so all ill need is the t harness and the bypass? where is the best place to mount the actual module and all these other things?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts