Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the paddle/ cruze control module off a 2014 Impala limited and was wanting to put it on my 08 Impala SS. It fits but im sure its more to it than swap out and go. Anyone know what I need to do? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,915 Posts
First thing I would do is drive a car with the feature so you are grossly disappointed and save yourself all the effort that you would have installing it only to be disappointed.

I had a 2015 Sports Sedan and the paddle shift was garbage on that. I find it basically inconceivable that if they couldn't get it right on a very highly rated sports sedan one that some sources said beat BMW at their own game that a few years earlier they would have had something good in a rental car

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Not sure if the 14 is the same as the 2012. On our 2012 it is on the wheel where you press the up or down where the gear is, with the car's trans shifter in the low position.

Don't know if the 4 speed trans in the ss would even be compatible with this feature.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yeah, I doubt that it's even possible. As mentioned above, the TCM (Transmission Control Module - the computer that controls the trans) would need to support that function - and I doubt that the TCM in the SS supports it.

Don't worry, you're not missing much though. The system that the Impala uses isn't even a "real" tap shift system - it just selects the highest gear that the trans will shift into - so it's not a full tap shift system.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yep as others have said. In my 13 it only works when the shifter is in L. I take it it's only for towing or maybe to use a lower gear for being stuck in snow etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts