Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 impala and I'm wanting to trick my car out with some HID headlights. Do you guys know if those are decent lights or what HIDs do you recommend?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
depends on kit, a lot of times you get what you pay for.

Do you have anything you are looking at, post the link
Are you putting them in stock headlights or are you buying new headlights?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
They will work, but install a relay kit to keep them working

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
Buy the $30 kit and expect free brake checks from the people you're following at night.

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
Blue compromises foul weather visibility.
headlights get dimmer with age, they are shot before they burn the filament. Have you tried just a new quality bulb like the Sylvania XtraVision.

I tried HIDs in a vehicle that used a 9004 bulb which is admittedly a very different setup from yours and spent a lot more than $30 and it was more light but the scatter was BAD and I had to point them way down to keep oncoming driver's happy.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I'm running DDM and this is my third kit from them. They also come with a lifetime warranty. I've never had a problem with the products or customer service. The only downside is the long shipping time from china.

Oh, before I forget, I've ordered their "Raptor" HID kits in the past, but they've since stopped offering that particular kit. I have no experience with their newer kits, but they still carry the lifetime warranty, and the customer service, etc. is the same

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
You should be ok if you run a HID relay kit

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I get them, I am going to run them for a couple weeks and just get the feel of them. I will be getting that relay kit, though. I was also seriously considering the projectors as well. Just for Ejbiers.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I think hids are fine in a halogen housing if aimed properly, but projectors are the way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts