Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wondering if there is anyone that hptunes their car, just seeing who out there is a DIY tuner. Im used to the LS engines and pcms but i find these 3800 pcms are not horrible to work with as i first thought lol, anyways if you have or are wondering about it lets talk tuning, cheers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
really no one does their own tuning? come on i know there has got to 1 or 2 DIY tuners, im over on the hptuners forum but would like to chat here to.

·
Go Get It
15,055 Posts
Overkill does a great job tuning these cars, and the price is VERY reasonable, without having to purchase an expensive tuner. So most people here go that route for tunes

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nothing wrong with going that route its intimidating to learn tuning, i got into tuning last year when i was tired of waiting on my buddy with his hptuners(and sending pcm away and waiting was not something i had time for) for my LS swapped s10 xtreme so i said for the cost of the program(went pro for ease of WB) why not since its price is offset because of the credits it comes with and versatility as a scanner to, i ended up buying the tuning school beginners course and been going ever since and have tuned several things which has been fun and always learning new things.RYD SLO tuning ever interest you?

·
Go Get It
15,055 Posts
Getting tuned interests me, but I've never been much of a guy for computer programming. Never enjoyed it in school, and always just found it frustrating.

The nice thing about Overkill is that he sends you a PCM without you having to take yours out until you get it. Then you return yours for a core charge (or just hold onto it if you want) So there's no waiting while sending out a PCM. His turnaround time is usually around 2 weeks from when you order to when you have it in your hand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts