Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 08 impala ss, was looking into the car tunning turbo available, anyone have this on??

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
As far as on here I don't know of anyone that does. I read a few things about it. Say it's almost $6 grand for it tho. That was on a thread a few years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't have one but I know u can email them and they will tell you what you need for the power you want they are only ones I know that offer a 4t65e pan 3/4 spacer and they can change up the turbo and other things if you like it's a easy Bolt up kit I helped a buddy and it's all there

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Buy a TEP

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
TEP Stage 1 High Performance Transmission, before you even think about a turbocharger. :)

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Tranny will be about $3,000. So between the two easily 8-10 grand.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Depending on local places or doing in your self. Install can vary.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Furches Performance in MA has a LS4 Monte Carlo with a Turbo and 4T80 swap. Went 11.0 @ 126mph lifting at the 1k mark, so I'm sure it's probably got some mid/high 10's in it. Lots of money to do it though. IF you're looking for a hands off buy and have installed for you, they might be worth a call.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
That's one mean Monte. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's one mean Monte. :)
Yea baby! That thing moves OUT!

Would it be worth it
That sir, is a good question. "Worth it" can only really be defined by the beholder, some people obviously have put the effort into doing it, so they think so. To others, you'd be crazy to try running sub 11 second passes in a FWD car when it's so much easier and cheaper to do it in something RWD that can put power done so much easier.

So, personally, I would never spend $10k+ to build a turbo Impala, it'll never put down power real well, or handle like I want it to. If I want to spend 10k, I'll find a clean F-body and go from there - $10k in mods goes a lot farther on one of those cars!

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Pretty amazing how nice and straight that thing goes for the amount of power involved!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
So regarding transmission, any of u guys swapd it?
Only one I've ever heard of is Furches Performance - I'd start with them if you're serious about doing a boosted LS4 car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are correct acamer, how i wish they made this car rwd it would have been bad ass

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I feel like my transmission will give up any of these days im at 70k miles and shit slips

1 - 20 of 30 Posts