Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing me rear left window sounds like it is scraping Whnw it opens and closes. Maybe it's gotten off track?

Secondly, my rear right window is now making a moaning/groaning sound when it opens. It never did this before the last few days. It was always fairly quiet.

Do they fail with time, this quickly? Car has 50k.

Rich

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read some articles that showcase Liquid Wrench Dry Lubricant and Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray.
WD-40 and 3M make silicone sprays as well.
Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
^+1. Any silicone lube spray. Available at Wallyworld and parts stores. Silicone lube is good to use around rubber/plastics. Hell, I've got several cans of the dry lube in the cellar, it'd probably work too...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do they fail with time, this quickly? Car has 50k.
I would add that you might want to first clean any trackways. I have found they have lots of grip when dirty. Also, DO NOT try and use them if they're stuck with ice; the ice must be scraped off or melted. Since, window mechanisms have no breakage in sight.

I don't like to lubricate felt tracks since it usually collects more dirt later and thus is more sticky.

Unfortunately, yours sound like you need to open it up and look at what's going on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ugh..
So I need to take it to the dealer. I wonder if it's a warranty item.
So the left window makes a scraping noise but opened fine.
The right wi dow makes a loud groan when opening mad closing, but it works.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
^ Did you try the silicone spray lube? It's not tacky/greasy/oily. Just roll the window down and spray the track top and sides.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
#1- It's about the consistency of h2o. #2- The window track is the "channel" the window sides travel up/down...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so spray in the window track and also down into the sides of rhe door?

So, there is a silicone lubricant spray and also a dry spray. Should I get the 'dry' spray???

It still won't solve the other window groaning while opening. Sounds like the motor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts