Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast are they? Do they handle well? How fast have you gone? If i could get one in decent shape, 100,000 miles and a new paint job for $2000 would that be a good deal?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for how big they are they are decently fast and have about 260hp. Stock they run a low 15 in the 1/4 mile which is faster than 80% of the rice mobiles on the road so it makes a good sleeper.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for how big they are they are decently fast and have about 260hp. Stock they run a low 15 in the 1/4 mile which is faster than 80% of the rice mobiles on the road so it makes a good sleeper.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im a cop in jersey i wouldent buy any old cop cars we beat the living shit out of em

·
Registered
58 Posts
......If i could get one in decent shape, 100,000 miles and a new paint job for $2000 would that be a good deal?
Yes.....that's a pretty good deal.

If in your position (and I was about 4 years back) I'd buy it and keep a couple grand on-hand for when the tranny blows.

I'd also install some new valve springs (Crane 10309-16) and maybe even some roller tipped rockers (Comp Cams Magnum, 1.6 self aligned).

KW

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hell yes! That is a good deal. 94-96 9C1's can be fun to drive and cheap to mod, that's if you don't get to crazy with it.

On open highway I've taken my 9C1 to about 140 mph. I heard of some people re-tuning their ECM to 160 mph. And, 5 years back some guy in Germany put twin-turbos on and went past 200 mph.

Was this 9C1 a regular-uty cop car or was it a light-duty car. Since, regular-duty cop cars are always ragged out, while 9C1's that saw light-duty even with 100,000 miles or over are still pretty fresh engines.

Good luck with your new endeaver:biggrin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
.....Not to get off track, but KW, what about those springs and Crane Gold 1.6 RR's.....
Full rollers are 'better'.....but also more expensive. I'd go full roller, but I figured I'd let the guy know there were more economical options.

As for the Crane Golds......nahhh.

Give me the Comp Pro-Mags any day!!! Pro-Mags are steel (vs aluminum Cranes), are balanced better and flex less at high RPMs.

Crane 10309-16 springs work very well with stock heads/cam.

Comp Cams 26915 beehives work better......but are more expensive.

IMHO, of course!

KW

·
Registered
1 Posts
chevy caprice LT1

I live in N.C. that is salt free, thus no rust. I have 2 chevy caprices with the lt1 option. I have a 94 with 78K miles and a 96 with 82K miles. You can reach me at 910-625-6168 Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
94 w/LT1

I have a 94 9C1 with the LT1 and I love it. Ive done 122mph and it got there really quick from like 50 and I easily could have squeezed more out of it but my paranoia took over and I slowed a bit. All my buddies love it when I drive because its like driving your couch down the freeway,floats like a cloud.
Acceleration is respectable,especially for driving your livingroom around.
Got mine w/93k on it,had a bunch of things to do at first (opti,battery,starter,exhaust,exhaust manifold broken bolt) but after that its been great since, now with 110K (since october).
IMHO you find a deal like that ....go for it!

·
Super Moderator
3,945 Posts
I live in N.C. that is salt free, thus no rust. I have 2 chevy caprices with the lt1 option. I have a 94 with 78K miles and a 96 with 82K miles.
This thread was dead for over 2 years so don't get your hopes up.

I would also recommend deleting you phone number from the post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts