Impala Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read an automotive news story, written in 2021, which stated that there was still a trickle of new, 2020 Impalas being sold. Is it possible that there are still a few of these "new" vehicles left somewhere that haven't been sold for whatever reason? And, if so, how would you find one, I wonder? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm still new to the forums. And thanks for any thoughts at all. -- John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search on jdpower.com There are currently 8 Impalas listed and described as new, nationwide.
Thanks for the reply. I checked out that list of Impalas but none panned out as new or available for one reason or another. There must be a way to find a zero- or near-zero miles, "new," 2020 Impala tucked away on some dealer's lot or perhaps in a collector's barn. If one exists, and surely it must. But how to find it is the question, I guess.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I looked on cars.com. 2018-20 Impala, less than 10K miles. There were 3 18's, 9 19's, & 3 20's. 3 of them showed no miles, & 3 or 4 more were less than 3K miles. Most of these cars would probably be as good as new. You can't be too picky for a car that's been out of production for a year and a half

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked on cars.com. 2018-20 Impala, less than 10K miles. There were 3 18's, 9 19's, & 3 20's. 3 of them showed no miles, & 3 or 4 more were less than 3K miles. Most of these cars would probably be as good as new. You can't be too picky for a car that's been out of production for a year and a half
Thanks much for the reply. Didn't think to look on cars. com. But, okay, here's one of the first listings I checked out:

This beauty looks just like the car with 18K miles that I just bought for $10K more. How is this possible? I'll check out the other listings, including those with "0 miles," but hmmm....

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well for one thing... its in minnesota. Dont they come pre rusted there?
Hah, hah. Good one. The upshot of searching for a "new" Impala on Cars.com and other sites is that you get led down blind alleys. The cars are either not quite what they're billed to be, they have something undesirable, or they're not available at all. Anyway, thanks. I'll keep looking for the needle in a haystack.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I remember searching in June of 2020, when trading in the 2015 LTZ that I had driven and my wife took over when I bought my first used Tesla, that there were two Impalas at (I think) Hendrick Chevrolet. Might not have been Hendrick, but there was a definite NASCAR connection there.

Both were loaded Premier models with Iridescent Pearl paint and stickered over $41000. My wife wanted an Equinox however, so we got her one of those. This was in the early pandemic months, before the supply chain went straight to hell and prices skyrocketed, and we got the Equinox about $6K to $7K below sticker without any missing parts.

It really sucks that the "big three" have all but abandoned sedans in favor of SUVs and crossovers. Not everyone wants to drive an oversized, poor-handling SUV. Detroit didn't learn their lesson decades ago when only building gas guzzlers and gas prices spiked. It's happening again. Chevy still has the Malibu, however. Ford has nothing. Dodge still makes the Charger and Chrysler the 300.

Detroit has almost completely handed over the sedan market to the imports. I still see new Accords, Camrys and BMW sedans all over the road. Dumbasses.

I still wanted a sedan, not a crossover or SUV. So I got myself a new Model 3 Performance last year.

The new Cadillac Celestiq looks amazing but it will priced like an Italian exotic.

·
Registered
104 Posts
"It really sucks that the "big three" have all but abandoned sedans in favor of SUVs and crossovers". Well, considering what the family car was...the impalas of yesteryear that could seat 6 comfortably and haul baggage for a months vacation for them, even todays SUVs and crossovers are tiny! Your full size expedition can seat 7, but hold luggage for maybe 3 of them unless you put most of it on the roof! I had a roadmaster wagon that could tow the "loaded" fold down camper and took the family across the country on a multi week trip to thru a number of national parks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I too miss the station wagons. We had a new 1979 Malibu wagon back then. We had a 3 year old and a 6 month old. Plenty of room for all their stuff. as well as ours to go on a 2 week vacation. Station wagons were replaced by minivans, which have been replaced by SUVs for the most part. Those were the days.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I too miss the station wagons. We had a new 1979 Malibu wagon back then. We had a 3 year old and a 6 month old. Plenty of room for all their stuff. as well as ours to go on a 2 week vacation. Station wagons were replaced by minivans, which have been replaced by SUVs for the most part. Those were the days.
The closest thing to a modern era station wagon since those days was the ford flex. Im no fan of those 3.5 and 3.7 motors with the waterpump siamesed into the block...when it goes bad the coolant drains into your oil pan...and you usually find out too late to save your motor!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I remember searching in June of 2020, when trading in the 2015 LTZ that I had driven and my wife took over when I bought my first used Tesla, that there were two Impalas at (I think) Hendrick Chevrolet. Might not have been Hendrick, but there was a definite NASCAR connection there.

Both were loaded Premier models with Iridescent Pearl paint and stickered over $41000. My wife wanted an Equinox however, so we got her one of those. This was in the early pandemic months, before the supply chain went straight to hell and prices skyrocketed, and we got the Equinox about $6K to $7K below sticker without any missing parts.

It really sucks that the "big three" have all but abandoned sedans in favor of SUVs and crossovers. Not everyone wants to drive an oversized, poor-handling SUV. Detroit didn't learn their lesson decades ago when only building gas guzzlers and gas prices spiked. It's happening again. Chevy still has the Malibu, however. Ford has nothing. Dodge still makes the Charger and Chrysler the 300.

Detroit has almost completely handed over the sedan market to the imports. I still see new Accords, Camrys and BMW sedans all over the road. Dumbasses.

I still wanted a sedan, not a crossover or SUV. So I got myself a new Model 3 Performance last year.

The new Cadillac Celestiq looks amazing but it will priced like an Italian exotic.
Real interesting commentary here and above. For me, the decision to buy an Impala came two years late, this summer getting a used, 2020 red LT with 18K, but I like it a lot. In large part, it was a decision based on sentimentality, as I now can hark back to great memories with my first car, a '65 Impala 396. Also, the idea of the model being abandoned by Chevy once again piqued my interest. I hope I live long enough to see the Impala resurrected--perhaps as an EV? Somebody mocked up a futuristic version, which I'll attach. Finally, should note how much I enjoy driving a sedan again. Had a Camry about 20 years ago, but have driven mostly Toyota trucks and a Highlander ever since. In comparison, the red beauty hugs the road like a sports car ;-) Long live the Impala! Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts