Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just would like to know if anyone had any ideas for my impala, i dont have any pictures yet of it but it has tinted taillights, 20% window tint all around, halo headlights, subs are on the way, and i have halo headlights

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Have you Debadged it yet or changed the exhaust with good sounding mufflers and nice tips? Plastidipped the trunk trim and wheels and a mesh grill?

Reactions: 06 Impala SS

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
Welcome to the forum .....we need pics before Tony gets ya , he's the pic fanatic on here.
I see you run track...whats your 100 ? Mine is 14:88 (age 66) :beer:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i havent done that other stuff, but i do have some good mufflers

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Hoveround chairs don't count in a race bones jk jk

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Plasti dip or shave the badges

Wheels and tires (although I am a fan of the 08 SS wheels :eek:k3:)

Replace interior bulbs, reverse lights, license plate lights with LEDs

Lower it

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill get to work on those, thanks for the ideas, if you get anymore just tell me cuz im up for anything

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
I mean you can get as crazy as you want.

Monte Carlo front clip swap
Plasti dip the whole car
Plasti dip stripes or designs

It's only limited by your imagination and your bank account :lol:

Reactions: 06 Impala SS

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i cant get too crazy, the bank said its best i dont mess with it for a while haha but imma still do what i can when i can

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Yeah I hear that!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great ideas on the plasti diping, but im not sure what i would do it for first? the rims?

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Rims, badges, grille, window trim, anything that you think would look good black. If you don't like it, you can just peel it off, so get creative!

I think a white car with everything blacked out looks sweet :eek:k3:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gotta get a good paying job so i can get a little crazy

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Haha the good thing is that plasti dip is a cheap way to make some mods that will stand out. Debadging is free and makes the car look a WHOLE lot cleaner.

Before/After:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
true dat man, where can i get that from?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and in case if its not looking so great is it easy to get off?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Haha the bank would be pissed at me, it doesn't even look like the same car but I said screw it ill make it my own I just hope its paid off soon

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Plasti dip or debadging?

debadging is just taking the factory emblems off of your car. There's a write-up somewhere on here. It's pretty simple.

I took a heat gun and used it to heat up the adhesive keeping the emblem to the car, then ran some wire through it to get it off. I used windex and my finger nail to get as much as the adhesive off of the paint as I could. I then used some goo-gone to get any adhesive I couldn't get with my finger nail. Wash and wax IMMEDIATELY after using the goo-gone so that it doesn't sit on your car eating away at the paint. Give the area a good buffing and waxing afterwards, and you're done!

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
and in case if its not looking so great is it easy to get off?
Plasti dip you can get from dipyourcar.com or from NAPA or home depot. It is very easy to get off so long as you put enough coats on (4 is a good number of coats). There are lots of videos on youtube of people peeling it off.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts