Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone.

Just inherited an 07 Impala LS from my Dad who has had it since new. He never had his antenna or keyless entry/remote start fobs replaced to fix the poor range (no triangle on the back of my remotes). He never really had any need. However, living in Ohio, I have about 4 months a year where having a functional remote start would really be nice.

I know that the dealer part supply of antennas/remotes to fix reception issues has been exhausted. Therefore, does anyone know of any other way to fix this problem? I know if I went through the aftermarket and just bought a different remote start that would fix everything, but that is the most expensive and least desirable option.

I've already replaced the remote batteries, with no improvement.

I've done a good amount of searching, but haven't come across any how-to's or anything else. Anyone have any experience fixing this?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Welcome, jumpo64! I hope you'll be receiving replies soon from the knowledgeable community here, and please feel free to send me a private message anytime with the last eight of your VIN if you'd like me to investigate further for you.

Would you mind clarifying a bit about the exhausted dealer comment? Apologies for my confusion; I just wanted to know if you've had a chance to consult your dealer yet to confirm part availability.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, jumpo64! I hope you'll be receiving replies soon from the knowledgeable community here, and please feel free to send me a private message anytime with the last eight of your VIN if you'd like me to investigate further for you.

Would you mind clarifying a bit about the exhausted dealer comment? Apologies for my confusion; I just wanted to know if you've had a chance to consult your dealer yet to confirm part availability.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service
When searching around for a potential fix for my problem, I learned that GM had issued a bulletin to dealers as to how to fix the problem with poor range. It involved the replacement of an antenna, as well as the remote fobs. At some point when I was searching, I believe I read that the parts supply for these replacement antennas had been exhausted or depleted (I could be wrong though).

At any rate, I've seen that most members looking to fix the problem have been quoted, by dealers, $600-700 to fix the issue. That's a hard pill to swallow. I was hoping that the community had developed their own fix, or that perhaps someone had replaced the antenna themselves and had some advice.

·
Registered
258 Posts
it happened to me when I got my car. What i did was bought a new key fob, programmed it and it worked! You may be trying to fix something that was never broken. Just buy a new key fob online and try it out.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
Actually they replace the module that controls the RKE and the TPMS and, the antenna that used to fit on the windshield is eliminated.
(It is evidently re-routed in the A pillar)
It will be the newer model module and there should be lot's of them

Had my 06 done a couple months ago at the dealer. ( GMPP )
Took them less than an hour
Increased the range a ton
HTH

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a quote of 862.94 to repair my faulty system. Since the car has almost 60,000 miles I have to shell that out to fix something that was faulty from the get go?

·
Banned
97 Posts
Hey Everyone.

Just inherited an 07 Impala LS from my Dad who has had it since new. He never had his antenna or keyless entry/remote start fobs replaced to fix the poor range (no triangle on the back of my remotes). He never really had any need. However, living in Ohio, I have about 4 months a year where having a functional remote start would really be nice.

I know that the dealer part supply of antennas/remotes to fix reception issues has been exhausted. Therefore, does anyone know of any other way to fix this problem? I know if I went through the aftermarket and just bought a different remote start that would fix everything, but that is the most expensive and least desirable option.

I've already replaced the remote batteries, with no improvement.

I've done a good amount of searching, but haven't come across any how-to's or anything else. Anyone have any experience fixing this?
no way you can get it fixed for free unless you have some documented history with a dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same problem on my '07 with the Remote start and remote entry. My dad is a mechanic and sent me the Bulletin from AllData.

For note: RKE = Remote Keyless Entry & RVS = Remote Vehicle Start
If you have RVS, the text is blue. If you do not have RVS, text is red.
The Antenna I believe works for both.

The Part numbers you need are as follows:
25876416 - Antenna - Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (Impala with RVS Only)

15912860 - Transmitter - with Remote Vehicle Start System
OR
15912859 - Transmitter - 4 Button with Trunk (NO REMOTE START)

25896540 - Receiver - Remote Control Door Lock (With RKE and without RVS)
OR
25896497 - Receiver - Remote Control Door Lock (with RKE and RVS)

Hope that helps you a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a quote of 862.94 to repair my faulty system. Since the car has almost 60,000 miles I have to shell that out to fix something that was faulty from the get go?

Basically, yes. I was surprised when this thread was brought back from the dead. I've just decided to live with my nearly useless remote / antenna. At this point I figure the 800 I would spend to fix it can just go toward the down payment on a new car in the future.

Remember, this car is old GM, and I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone around here what happened to old GM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Basically, yes. I was surprised when this thread was brought back from the dead. I've just decided to live with my nearly useless remote / antenna. At this point I figure the 800 I would spend to fix it can just go toward the down payment on a new car in the future.

Remember, this car is old GM, and I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone around here what happened to old GM.
You can buy the parts on eBay for under $100. You just need to figure out how to replace the parts and find a shop to reprogram everything.

Bulletin No.: 07-08-52-001C

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found both parts on eBay new receiver for $15
Antenna at acdelco for $30
My local dealer said they would charge me $50 to install and program the receiver

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same problem on my '07 with the Remote start and remote entry. My dad is a mechanic and sent me the Bulletin from AllData.

For note: RKE = Remote Keyless Entry & RVS = Remote Vehicle Start
If you have RVS, the text is blue. If you do not have RVS, text is red.
The Antenna I believe works for both.

The Part numbers you need are as follows:
25876416 - Antenna - Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (Impala with RVS Only)

15912860 - Transmitter - with Remote Vehicle Start System
OR
15912859 - Transmitter - 4 Button with Trunk (NO REMOTE START)

25896540 - Receiver - Remote Control Door Lock (With RKE and without RVS)
OR
25896497 - Receiver - Remote Control Door Lock (with RKE and RVS)

Hope that helps you a bit.
I know this is a little old but can someone confirm that the receiver and antenna in this is correct please? I have a 2006 Impala LT 3.5 and my range is horrible... If those two parts are correct, I'm ordering them now and will fix it before we get snow.:gaah:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ordered these parts for my 07 yesterday from eBay. Yes, those are the correct part numbers depending on your car. I'm gonna install the parts myself (should be fun) and I know folks at a dealership that can program if need be. My key fob range is HORRIBLE! Already been replaced at the dealer. My tpms won't even register. Crossing my fingers that this will fix the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same exact car as yours but a 2006.. I thought I read somewhere that there were some differences but I want to make sure these are correct for my car.. My car doesn't have the tire sensors. But it does have remote start.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The TPMS system uses the same receiver, I would expect a different part number in 06 since TPMS was not standard yet. I may be wrong, but it's certainly something to look into.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The TPMS system uses the same receiver, I would expect a different part number in 06 since TPMS was not standard yet. I may be wrong, but it's certainly something to look into.
That's what I was thinking and I don't want to order parts and have them be sitting around unused... If someone has done it on an 06 or know for sure which parts are needed for an 06 I would appreciate it. Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered the antenna from Amazon for $26 and bought a used RCDLR from eBay for my 2007 LTZ with RVS and everything works great. I had range so bad that I needed to hold the fob up to my windshield for it to work and now I have at least a 100 foot range. By buying a guaranteed to work used part I did not need to take it to the dealer to have it flashed since it had already been working. Installing was very easy. The directions in the TSB are fairly good as most of the trim is just clips and there is one 7mm bolt on the A pillar trim. Everything else is just getting access and removing the old and putting in the new. If anyone would like a more detailed install let me know. All in all I spent about $50 for the antenna and module and I already had the remote required, the install takes about 15 minutes or so but be careful not to drop the green connector for the module because it is hard to fish out. Good luck and this a cheap and well worth it fix.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts