Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two days of rain my angel eye headlights have started to fog up. Anyone else have this problem? Any way to fix it?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
OEM ones had this issue as well, grab your OEM headlight dust covers (the rubber circles on the back of the headlight) cut a slit in them, see if that helps, if not, replace w/ the angel eyes ones and repost ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, take the rubber dust covers off the angel eye lights and replace them with the OEM covers? :confused:

·
Registered
657 Posts
there are little black hard plastic covers that are on the back of the lights. see if you have some missing. i have never had a fogging problem with mine at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When purchasing aftermarket headlights, make sure you reseal the seams with rubber sealant and let dry for 24-48 hrs. Once rubber sealant is dry, remove all dust caps, bulbs etc from housing and take a heat gun and go back and forth across lens for about 20-30 minutes. (try not to keep heat gun concentrated too long on one area of lens because it can melt) by using the heat gun this removes all moisture that may be trapped in headlight housing. Once complete put everything back together and you should be fine. They wont fog up anymore. My halos also fogged up when I got them, and after trying this method, it never fogged up again. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts