Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring cleaning! I went a step farther this year and removed my center console so I can remove the carpet and clean it on a flat surface.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1362855995.474954.jpg

Anyone know how to remove the rear seat bottom? I heard you push it down and back but it's really not working for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Heck yeah. I think I am going to pull my carpet as well tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Did ya find enough pocket change for a Timmy's :yahoo:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I envy you rite now.... :giggle: so is mine next in line for ya :beer:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 2000 had been destroyed by the kids, I would like to get another 7th gen and do this, making it perfectly clean and nice. Great job! Used to care for my 78 Trans AM like this!

PS, Kids don't use my newer Impala's.

For the effort, is new carpet available? That is the route I will take If I get another one of these.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, just a couple days ago Scotty posted a link for 7th gen carpets and they were around $140 if I remember correctly.

My 5! kids use this car all the time. Even with the steam clean I did in the basement last night it still didn't get everything out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Still looking at the vinyl carpet you posted a while back. That and painting my stock floor mats (trashed) or buying new black carpet floor mats. My carpet is trashed. Previous owner spilled a thermos full of coffee on the floor. I tried cleaning multiple times using "tuff stuff" and "goof off". The goof off worked the best but. left discoloration. It's time for new carpet this summer. And hopefully line the floor with a sound deadener.

2000-2005 Chevy Impala Molded Vinyl Flooring - 4 Door 2000-2005

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I'm doing vinyl soon.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts