Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I've just purchased a 2001 impala, an ex taxi none the less....I got the car for my nephew (who has just turned 16) but as I have been getting the car cleaned up I've purchased a few parts. 18" BBS wheels with 265/35/18's, a corsa cat back exhaust (tomorrow if all goes well) and ss front bumper cover with foglights and lower spoiler. Needless to say, I now think I'm going to keeep this "taxi" and pick up another one for him........I will try to post before and after pics as I ready my "new car" brought up to my vision of the "perfect for me" Impala" Any tec questions or part needs you may have please feel free to drop a line. The reason I mention this is that I have access to a larger quantity of cars than most, seeing as Impala's make great taxi's hahaha.

·
Registered
358 Posts
WOW 265s!!!!!!

do they rub...

·
Registered
358 Posts
well i have 255s & they dont rub for me!!!! but ya 265s i was like holy sh**!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
to rub or not to rub, this my friends is the quetion..

Hello all, no they do not rub........I know,when I bought them thats what I thought, bend the wheel lips, cut the front inners, but nope even at full lock no rubbing. They came off a pontiac gtp which shares our platform. Sorry I don't have a lot of time to chat today but........I have begun the interior transformation as you could see from the pics, and the drivers door in almost complete(black is back). Here's a quick look. As ARNEY says I"LL BE BACK.

Lates

·
Registered
12 Posts
question scirks?

what kind of paint did you use for the doors and could you find the tail light covers like the ls sport model has for me please?!!!? i know a lil bit bout the car as far as interior and breaking down stuff so get with me if you need help okay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
info for new carpet

what kind of paint did you use for the doors and could you find the tail light covers like the ls sport model has for me please?!!!? i know a lil bit bout the car as far as interior and breaking down stuff so get with me if you need help okay.
oh yeah for you guys and gals wanting a different color carpet go to www.stockinteriors.com and they will hook you up. i paid around 110 bucks and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interior paint

BTW the paint that I used on the first test door was actually exterior trim paint (bumper coating) by Dupli-color. I bought it here at CTC, but Im sure any automotive parts outlet will have a similar product. Next pannel I'm gonna try straight black base (base clear). In this process the "prep" is the most important step, if you don't remove any "oil" the paint will "fish eye" or rub off. You don't want that, because your pannels will look even worse two tone ha ha ha. Good luck, if you have any other question just post and I ll try to hit you back as soon as I can.

Lates

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
if you get one..........you should have two

Hello all, yep that's right I picked up a second Impala......this my friends is the meaning of addicted, I think....? Well as I mentioned before I have access to an unlimited number of these cars, so if anyone has a need of (factory) parts drop me a line and I'll let you know if I have what you need. Nothing new on the first Impala aside from new breaks (rotors, and pads), drive shafts (complete assemblys), assorted seals and gaskets. As I complete more on the car I will post pics. Here's a pic of my latest aqusition.

Lates

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm back.....

Sorry all I have been away for the happy ho ho merry new year, but I'm back. If Impalaguru is out there and still needs that piece of trim let me know what colour you need, and the codition you require, "mint" is hard to find in the taxi industry, but, not impossible.

Lates D.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Scirks, do you have any exterior trim pieces? I have the black plastic trim, but am looking for matching trim to do a conversion, so anything that is not that black plastic is worth notifying me of. Also, i highly doubt youll have it, but do you have lower front fog lights off of a ls or ss, and rear tail light plastic covers? Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts