Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
738 Posts
I 2nd this^^. Make sure the amp remote turn on is wired to a source that turns on (gets 12 volts) when the ignition key is switched on. The amp needs to turn on and off just like any other power source or it will just drain the battery. If the amp is wired correctly then you coincidentally have something else going on or maybe the battery is just old and done?

· Registered
738 Posts
Usually the amp turn on lead from the stereo is blue, but regardless, it will be marked remote or amplifier. If you are using this wire to turn on your amps, then you are good as they will turn on and off when the stereo turns on and off.

The yellow wire on the stereo harness is your constant on, or memory wire as some like to call it. This one may be fused depending on the radio. The red wire is your switched wire, the one that powers the radio with the key on and off. Usually that one is not fused.

Having said that, I am not quite sure what Revo means when he says the Impala doesn't have an ACC wire. Hopefully he can shed some more light on that so we can help you figure this out

· Registered
738 Posts
If he has it hooked up right, and there are no other oddball issues like a stray wire or something along the line, then I would have to say the problem lies within the amp itself. Certainly not impossible and not the first thing we want to think of when we tackle an electrical issue. I am guilty of thinking the worst sometimes, only to find out the problem was something so stupid.

My advice at this point would be to double check all of your wiring, stereo, amp, the runs from the stereo to the amp, and if it all looks and tests good, might be time to condemn the amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.