Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 2015 Impala LTZ and just realized that the ambient air sensor and connector are missing. I was wondering why my outside temperature display reads -40. After some research and checking under the hood i could not locate the sensor or connector. Apparently the sensor and connector must have been ripped out somehow. Well I ended up ordering a new sensor and connector, but now i cant find where to connect the connector wires to. I've tried to trace the existing wires but have had no luck in finding where the connector was connected to. Does anyone know where the connector wires lead to?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The forward harness... Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'd look at the wiring runs that are in close proximity to the sensor mount. It's next to the hood latch on the 8th gen cars.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Just to clarify - do you have an Impala Limited (8th gen style) or a new-style Impala? There are both styles for 2015 and I just wanted to make sure everyone knows what car we're talking about.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2015 Impala LTZ and just realized that the ambient air sensor and connector are missing. I was wondering why my outside temperature display reads -40. After some research and checking under the hood i could not locate the sensor or connector. Apparently the sensor and connector must have been ripped out somehow. Well I ended up ordering a new sensor and connector, but now i cant find where to connect the connector wires to. I've tried to trace the existing wires but have had no luck in finding where the connector was connected to. Does anyone know where the connector wires lead to?
Go to your local Chevrolet dealer with the car’s VIN.

The part’s department can look-up the harness and its location. If you explain the situation to the employee, they should let you view their computer screen which will help you (the diagrams are not photographs, but CAD drawings). A friendly employee could also print the diagram for you and tell you what harness you may need (and the cost).

·
Registered
1 Posts

The sensor is located on the driver's side corner of the lower grill of the bumper

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had to replace the sensor in a 2000 Impala 2x. It flops around like no one's business and that's why it failed. Figure out a way to tighten it securely if floppy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts