Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed some 20s with new drilled rotors and ceremic pads. Car shakes pretty good at mid speed from 40 to 70mph. At first I thought it was the rims but if it was a balance issue wouldnt I notice at low speeds? I put the car in park tonight and reved it up and when it hits 4000rpms it pops not like a backfire but like it missed a cylinder or something. I recently replaced wires and plugs along with a new PCV, air filter, and both O2 sensors which my engine light still came back on. ANY AND ALL IDEAS PLEASE? Very frustated right now.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Take your car down to Autozone and have them do a free scan.If you do indeed have a CEL then the scanner should bring up a code and tell you what the problem is.

Could be a clogged/dirty injector.

·
Registered
657 Posts
what plugs and wires did you get? these cars are very picky. delco is normally your best bet. bosch=bad.

about your vibration, were the 20's used? if so, go get them checked for balance and/or bent rim. first, make sure your lugs are torqued properly. also, when the car is in park, and you rev it, it hits the rev limiter, which stops you from damaging your engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey thanks...I feel like an idiot about the rev limiter. I bought the rims and tires as a package from performanceplustires already balanced. I did put bosch plugs and wires in it. Not good? Would the EGR or MAFS cause the mid speed vibration and just a small amount of power loss? Again I just replaced both O2 sensors. And yes I use autozone faithfully for codes. By the way Ive used Lucas fuel injector cleaner on the last two fill ups. The car does have 135000 on it though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just have a tire shop check the balance first and for most and I believe my resistor for the blower motor went out again even though I replaced it last yr. I looked at the balance weights on the wheels and it doesnt appear any have fell off. I appreciate the communication from you. Thanks alot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts