Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, after 8 months, my 2014, Blue Ray Metallic, Impala is gone. It was a great ride, but it was time for an upgrade. Sooooooo, now I'm the proud owner of another 2014, 2 LT Impala. This one is Crystal Red Tintcoat, (not my first choice by any stretch, but still damn sharp) with about every bell and whistle that can be loaded into an Impala, LTZ or not. As an added bonus, the odometer was sitting right on 20k miles, compared to the 49k on my blue Impala. Not a nick, inside or out. Could be parked beside a brand new Impala, and you wouldn't be able to see a difference between the two.
Might even get a picture of it one of these days out in the sunlight so it doesn't look pink.... :gaah:

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congratulations! Great color!

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Just curious - why the "switch"? I realize it has lower mileage, but I'm assuming that you probably lost a decent amount of money making the switch? Just curious, that's all... Was there something wrong with your original 2014?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Congrats!
It looks pretty in pink :laughing7:
Looking forward to some outside pics.

Reactions: Ceace1999

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dark when I leave for work, and dark when I get home. Tough to get a good shot. Now it looks kind of orange. (better than pink) :laughing6:
There was nothing at all wrong with my blue one, I just really like the car so decided I would get one fully loaded and enjoy all the Impala has to offer. I made out fine on my trade. Over the years I've gotten pretty good at dealing for cars. Just turn and walk away if you don't get the deal you want. It's really that simple. I got slightly less for my trade than what I paid for it 8 months ago. Dealers have to be able to make money on the trade as well, so you have to understand that when dealing. Gotta know the value of your car, as well as the one you want to buy, and deal within those parameters.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
You are correct there. If you are in no rush to purchase a car it's easy to get the best deal. With the internet it's hard for dealers to screw you. I pitted five dealers against each other just doing email quotes back and forth. Like you said, you can also walk away. That color is the one I wanted but when I got my car they didn't have that one in the configuration I wanted. I have a 2015 2LT and it has just about everything you want. Got a great deal too

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are correct there. If you are in no rush to purchase a car it's easy to get the best deal. With the internet it's hard for dealers to screw you. I pitted five dealers against each other just doing email quotes back and forth. Like you said, you can also walk away. That color is the one I wanted but when I got my car they didn't have that one in the configuration I wanted. I have a 2015 2LT and it has just about everything you want. Got a great deal too
They thought they had me when the sales manager came back with their offer that was within $500 of the deal I told them I would do. I said thanks, but no thanks, I had another car to go look at. (I actually did have an ltz next on my list to look at) They couldn't believe that I would walk over $500, and said give them one more chance, to talk to the general manager. 10 minutes later the sales manager comes out and says, "you win". Just have to be firm, and stand your ground, as well as be realistic with your offer and expectations on your trade.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
They thought they had me when the sales manager came back with their offer that was within $500 of the deal I told them I would do. I said thanks, but no thanks, I had another car to go look at. (I actually did have an ltz next on my list to look at) They couldn't believe that I would walk over $500, and said give them one more chance, to talk to the general manager. 10 minutes later the sales manager comes out and says, "you win". Just have to be firm, and stand your ground, as well as be realistic with your offer and expectations on your trade.
So you didn't actually lose any money on your first Impala? Was it bought new or used? It just seems like you would lose so much by trading it in for a different 2014 if you bought it new. Like I said, I'm just curious - I'm the type that keeps my cars for a LONG time (until they die or start costing too much to maintain), so I don't have any personal experience selling (or trading in) a new'ish car. I've already heard that you really take a hit when selling or trading in a new'ish car though.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Nice Impala Bob. I like the blue one better because the red is really bright.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you didn't actually lose any money on your first Impala? Was it bought new or used? It just seems like you would lose so much by trading it in for a different 2014 if you bought it new. Like I said, I'm just curious - I'm the type that keeps my cars for a LONG time (until they die or start costing too much to maintain), so I don't have any personal experience selling (or trading in) a new'ish car. I've already heard that you really take a hit when selling or trading in a new'ish car though.

I put 11,000 miles on it and got $1500 less for it on trade than what I paid for it. I had shopped around and got a good deal on that one as well. I also got the dealer down about $2000 from his asking price on the red one. I got a good price for mine, and paid a fair price for his. Yes, I paid more for the red one than the blue, but it had 18,000 fewer miles than the blue one had when I bought it, as well as it is fully optioned out. It is worth more and I paid a bit more. I don't buy new cars, (I let someone else take the big loss) and put down a fair amount of money when I buy a car, so I'm never upside down in a loan. I NEVER have a balance to add to a new loan, and I typically own a car for 3-5 years before I get bored with it, or find something I like better. I do quite a bit of traveling for work, so I drive many different rental cars. Not necessarily a good thing for someone like me..... ;)

Nice Impala Bob. I like the blue one better because the red is really bright.
Thanks.
I also liked the blue, but it is impossible to keep clean. The red is pretty sharp, and doesn't show the dust and dirt nearly as much. My favorite is white, and in a perfect world, I would have found a white Impala. However, the color really makes no difference in how it drives down the road. Hard to see what color it is when you are sitting behind the wheel. :eek:k3:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
What all options did you get on it that weren't on your blue one? I noticed you don't have the sunroof.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.