Impala Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know this is beating a dead horse, but just good to know. I got a response from the Illinois Liquor Commission. I will not be paying $40 to have my license reissued for some store policy.

Hi Matt: It's not against the law, per se, for them to sell to you. HOWEVER, we encourage licensees to set a store policy whereby they do NOT to accept vertical ID's (as the reason they were created was to make their job easier).

Sincerely,
Ted Penesis, Education Manager
Illinois Liquor Control Commission

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
It is what it is... The state is recommending that the stores set the policy, so you can't really blame the store either... I guess it's up to you to decide if it's worth the hassle to put up with it for however many years before you get a new license or to pay the $40. The problem is that you could be away somewhere and the only place close follows their recommendation - then you are SOL. Personally, I'd pay the $40 and be done with it! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
I would just pay the 40 bucks. For the reason above. Don't worry Matt, soon enough nobody will be carding you anymore, then you will really have something to gripe about...like me..... :)

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It is what it is... The state is recommending that the stores set the policy, so you can't really blame the store either... I guess it's up to you to decide if it's worth the hassle to put up with it for however many years before you get a new license or to pay the $40. The problem is that you could be away somewhere and the only place close follows their recommendation - then you are SOL. Personally, I'd pay the $40 and be done with it! :)

Well, since it's a college town most places don't do it. We have no such thing at home, so since I'm a resident of WI, I'd rather just take my business to places that don't have policies instead of spend $40 to reissue my license when I'm only 1/4 through its lifespan. Like I said, just shared for a point of information since some might be curious.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
In nevada non drivers are verticle and drivers are horizontal.. Age has nothing to do with license orientation.. Sucks about your ID man..

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
It's funny how every state is different. In PA, the ID-only cards are still horizontal, but the color-scheme of the "graphics" are reversed, it says "IDENTIFICATION CARD" instead of "DRIVERS LICENSE" and has an "ID" notation on it instead of a "DL" notation (just happened to have an old ID-only card sitting here next to me!).

·
Super Moderator
10,948 Posts
I/we go down to Montana on a fairly regular basis.
The "Liquor" stores card EVERYONE !

Me and a buddy ( in our late,late LATE 50's at the time ) got carded, and the 20 something girl that was working there said it was "discriminatory" to only card certain people so therefore EVERYBODY got carded.

Personally I think she was trying to find herself a sugar daddy but apparently neither of us were sweet enough. ( I know, we should have had Bonzy with us )

Just buying at the grocery stores was not a problem, it is the stand alone small liquor stores that apparently do this.

·
Super Moderator
10,679 Posts
Ya you shoulda' took me along , Im good when it involves lickher :devil:

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
We will all just take your word on that.....

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
Indeed.
This is one of those instances where pictures to satisfy Tony in not required. .........
I hope !

Nope! You got it Paulie! NO pics required! NOPE! NONE! NADA! NIENTE!
:yikes:

:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
10,679 Posts
Awwww come on guys I got lots of um' :yahoo:

·
Super Moderator
10,679 Posts
....but Pauly and Tony took the pics while egging me on :clap:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife recently told me that our daughter came home after school and laughed nonstop all evening. We thought that she had been drunk and decided to check it out. We bought several types of alcohol tests from testcountry.com and made her pass all the tests. In the end, it turned out that we were right and that she constantly drunk after school. And she began to drink beer since she saw how her classmates buy alcohol. It is better to completely ban alcohol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am just glad I don't have to deal with the cost and time involved in getting that stupid Real ID Drivers License thing. I have vertigo and do not fly ... ever. So I do not have to get that new super duper ID thing the government has decided will surely thwart terrorist ninja ID counterfeiters or something. I am also weird in that I do not have a passport and I expect I never will.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts