Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Diagnostic alert and I then went to the car just to check to see if the light was on and indeed it was.
“Diagnostic Alert: Service the air bag system in your 2016 Impala within 1 day. Txt STOP to cancel.”, was the message I received. It says service within 1 day so is it something very serious because dealers are closed on Sunday’s , someone hit my car while it was parked at a local diner a month ago but they drove away without leaving information and it’s an stratch and now the hood is unleveled . Is there any possible suggestions on what it could best ? Car has 104k miles . I’m honestly ready to get rid of it & get something else.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I got the Diagnostic alert and I then went to the car just to check to see if the light was on and indeed it was.
“Diagnostic Alert: Service the air bag system in your 2016 Impala within 1 day. Txt STOP to cancel.”, was the message I received. It says service within 1 day so is it something very serious because dealers are closed on Sunday’s , someone hit my car while it was parked at a local diner a month ago but they drove away without leaving information and it’s an stratch and now the hood is unleveled . Is there any possible suggestions on what it could best ? Car has 104k miles . I’m honestly ready to get rid of it & get something else.
"Diagnostic alert" - is that via OnStar? Or some other source? Have you read the codes? I understand that reading airbag codes may require special tools, but wanted to see if there are any other codes.

I doubt the parking lot incident is related - if it didn't set off any airbags, I can't think of a reason it would cause this message.

If there was damage to one of the sensors on the side of the car, I would expect to see other warnings on the dash.

I'd start by trying to get the codes read. Autozone will do it for you.

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts