Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2015, occasionally the airbag lite come on and when it does it causes the speedometer to act erratic and also the fuel gauge and fuel gpm estimator goes wacky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don’t know how to post a video showing what it doing. Been to dealer and they said no codes are stored. Has happened a lot of times. Seems worse now that weather is warmer.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Have a 2015, occasionally the airbag lite come on and when it does it causes the speedometer to act erratic and also the fuel gauge and fuel gpm estimator goes wacky.

You did not post your trim level - which is often helpful to others.

I bought a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ. On the way home on the day of purchase, the airbag light would illuminate and chimes would randomly sound. One driver - no passengers.

I returned the vehicle and the dealership had to reprogram the RF passenger presence system.

Later, GM issued a safety recall affecting 2014 - 2015 Impala models with the heated and/or cooled seats (new model) that involved the issue I experienced (prior to the recall).

Here is some information: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2015/RCRIT-15V465-8119.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts