Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an aftermarket intake and found out that the PCM is inside the stock air box. Is it ok to take it out and mount it where the air box used to be?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thats where I have mine mounted at. Just use something to secure it in place so its not just flopping around.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Happens to everyone with a w-body. You can use a bungee cord or ziptie to hold it in place, or you can pick up a pcm tray from a blazer and bolt it down.

Mine has been bungee'd about 18 months, no problems.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have it zip tied right now, not much to connect to on the unit itself. I will end up getting or making a bracket for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody else notice their engine sounds different with an aftermarket intake? I dont even know if I would say it sounds better. It sounds fine idling but when I get on the gas it sounds...I guess almost like an electric car? Maybe its just because my last car was a ricer and I was used to that? (3000GT)

·
Registered
358 Posts
most likely your just hearing the blower!! i love the sound of boost!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Boost is GOOD!!

What kind of PSI's are you guyz getting out of your aftermarket air intakes? I hit 8 PSI's today and only have a drop in K&N filter...but good 93 octane gas and a dry 16 degrees F day.

I'm in the market for a cold air intake, but am on the fence as far as which one to buy...any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hit 8 when im putting the pedal down but usually it sits between 3-6 psi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts