Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, has anyone put a cone filter or home made intake on a 3.5L??? From the looks of it, if you remove the MAF from the air box housing and remove the air box, you might be able to attach a cone filter to the end of the MAF housing. Has anyone tried this setup and if so what part# cone filter did you use? Thanx

PS I did find this setup on ebay,06-08 IMPALA MONTE CARLO 3.5L 3.9L AIR INTAKE 3.5"PIP E by INSYS-USA, anyone have this intake installed?

Can't post link on first post.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanx, I think I am just going to remove the top of the air box and MAF housing and mount a cone filter to the MAF housing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the help, I bought a Spectre High flow Air Filter for 24.99 at Pep Boys , removed the air box and attached the air filter directly to the MAF housing. Sounds nice and throttle response is better but I know to give about a week for the PCU and MAF to adjust to the air flow. Thanx again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanx for the help, I bought a Spectre High flow Air Filter for 24.99 at Pep Boys , removed the air box and attached the air filter directly to the MAF housing. Sounds nice and throttle response is better but I know to give about a week for the PCU and MAF to adjust to the air flow. Thanx again
I did this setup myself about 5 months ago. It sounds better and throttle repsonse is also better however the problem i had is that my car started to shift harshly into gears after a few months. I took it to the dealer and they said that it was running rich and the throttle body was very dirty. I ended up doing an Induction service and that cleared the problem right up. Im looking into purchasing the K&N Kit which comes with the housing for the filter but i dont know if the one for the SS will work for my LT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Guys, has anyone put a cone filter or home made intake on a 3.5L??? From the looks of it, if you remove the MAF from the air box housing and remove the air box, you might be able to attach a cone filter to the end of the MAF housing. Has anyone tried this setup and if so what part# cone filter did you use? Thanx

PS I did find this setup on ebay,06-08 IMPALA MONTE CARLO 3.5L 3.9L AIR INTAKE 3.5"PIP E by INSYS-USA, anyone have this intake installed?

Can't post link on first post.
What year Impala 3.5 do you have? On my 2010 Impala 3.5 the MAF housing can not be removed since it is molded into the front part of the airbox. Therefore any Aftermarket CAI's will not work with the 2010 models unless they come with a new MAF Housing to put the sensor in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts