1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
416 Posts
Those arent bad lil setups for the price of them. I had a similar setup on my old 02 impala ls. The only thing you need to make sure you take care of is some sort of mounting bracket for the pcm. There are a couple of brackets out there for the W-body or you can go with the mounting bracket from the blazers which i found out from some of the guys on here.

·
Registered
657 Posts
you can build your own that will actually sit in the bumper beneath the headlight for aobut $50. great intake, i have one installed on mine. no matter what, the air in the bumper is always dramatically cooler than in the engine bay. and no, its not going to get soaking wet.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's junk. The pipe isn't going to keep any heat out, and you're pulling hot air from the engine bay anyway.

Build a Fenderwell Intake and see some gain for your money. 50 or 60 bucks and you can make a few horsepower.

The ZZP kits and such will get you the same gains, but for triple the price of building your own.

I've never seen an LS with a 3.4L. I'm pretty sure the 3.8L was standard on the LS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you built your own intake system did you have any kind of reference to go off of? If so could you provide some more information to guidelines of undergoing this project.

I have a 2002 3.4L and I was looking into either replacing my stock intake with something better but I am not trying to hand out a grip of cash.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
and i also wasnt aware the LS came with a 3400...:confused:
It didn't. But the LS Sport Style body package was available for the base.

When you built your own intake system did you have any kind of reference to go off of? If so could you provide some more information to guidelines of undergoing this project.

I have a 2002 3.4L and I was looking into either replacing my stock intake with something better but I am not trying to hand out a grip of cash.
Really it's a matter of about 16 inches of 3-inch aluminized steel pipe or similar, add air filter and done. There's really no sense in writing up a DIY on it because different people do different things that fit their style.

·
Registered
11 Posts
all i did was go to Home depote and bought me 3 2 feet 3" PVC pipe, 2 90 degrees for 3", 2 45 degrees for 3", and a 3" to 3" rubber coupling and ran the pipe behind the headlight then down into the bumper then back up behind the grill where the air filter sits and for one of the 45 degrees u need to cut one side off where the angle meets the coupling that fits over the 3" pipe then use the 3" to 3" to connect the pipe to the MAF sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts